Polyetherimide is an advanced plastic selected for its high-strength at elevated temperatures and pressures. This ensures that Novasip filters can be used under a wide range of operating conditions including multiple steam-in-place cycles. Novasip filters are supplied with inlet/outlet connections compatible with sanitary flange fittings. Vents and drains are available with integral valves.
Novasip filters with Emflon® PFR filter membranes are purpose-designed for use in critical air and vent applications.
Comprehensive Validation DocumentationNovasip filters with Emflon PFR filter membrane have been extensively tested to ensure consistent and reliable performance under a range of process conditions.
A full validation guide is available on request.
Installation and operating instructions, including information on steam-sterilization, are available from Pall.
Features and Benefits
- Low installation cost — up to 80 % less than a comparable stainless steel system
- Integrity testable in situ using the water intrusion test (WIT)
- Integral Stäubli-compatible vent valve enables direct in-line connection to electronic test equipment
- Repeatedly steam-sterilizable for long service life and low operating costs
- Suitable for use in high pressure air systems up to 6.5 barg (94 psig) at temperatures
up to 40 °C
- Supplied with a numbered disc which can be fitted easily to the capsule and used to help record the number of times the filter is sterilized
High Quality Standards
- Validated in liquids with Brevundimonas diminuta (ATCC 19146) at a challenge level of
107 organisms/cm2 of filter area
- 100 % integrity tested during manufacturing
- Identified by a lot number with a unique serial number for complete traceability of manufacturing history and for user traceability systems
- Each filter supplied with a Certificate of Test
- Comprehensive validation guide available
- Manufactured under a Quality Management System certified to ISO 9000
- Meets USP Biological Reactivity Tests in vivo, in accordance with USP Class VI plastics
at 121 °C
Products in this datasheet may be covered by one or more patents including :
EP 0 998 343
Materials of Construction
|Membrane Support and Drainage Layer Assembly||Polypropylene|
|Core and Cage||Polypropylene|
|Housing Head||Polyetherimide with TiO2|
Maximum Accumulated Steam Life1
|Temperature||125 °C||135 °C||142 °C|
|Maximum Steam Exposure2,3||100 cycles||50 cycles||5 cycles|
1 Validated using 30 minute cycles.
2 Maximum values determined in laboratory tests. Actual steam life may vary with conditions of use.
3 Excursion conditions only.
|Maximum Operating Pressure||6.5 barg (94 psig) at 40 °C|
|Maximum Differential Pressure||5.2 barg (75 psig) at 40 °C|
Note: Maximum differential pressure during steam sterilization at up to 142 °C is 300 mbar (4.3 psid).
3 With fully compatible fluids that do not soften, swell or adversely affect the filter or its materials of construction.
Typical Air Flow Rates4
4 Typical initial clean ∆P, air at 20 °C. Contact your local Pall representative for assistance.
|Maximum Diameter (Including Valves)||123 mm (4.84 in.)|
|Length||157 mm (6.18 in.)|
If the above table does not display clearly in your browser, you may download it here for easier viewing.
Earn 10% off* your next order online by leaving a review of this product. Please login to your account to leave a review. We appreciate and value your feedback.
*Subject to Terms and Conditions.