Efficient Processing of Liquid
Volumes Up To 20 L
- Supor membrane has high flow rates and throughputs, and is ideal for solutions where low protein binding is required. Not recommended for use with some ketones.
- Built-in prefilter extends filter life when particulate-laden solutions, such as serum-containing media, are processed.
- Upstream vent prevents vapor lock.
- Manufactured without the use of adhesives to minimize extractables.
- Sterilization by gamma irradiation eliminates potential contamination by EtO residuals.
- Small- to medium-volume sterile filtration
- Suitable for use with fluids containing dilute proteins, preservatives, or other critical components
- Sterile filtration of media and buffers
- Point-of-use filtration for laboratory water
Materials of Construction
- Filter Media: Supor [hydrophilic polyethersulfone (PES)] membrane
- Housing, Vent Plug, and Support Material: Polypropylene
- Sealing Technology: Thermal bonding
- Filling Bell: Polycarbonate
- 0.8/0.2 μm
Effective Filtration Area
- 200 cm2
- Overall Length: 10.5 cm (4.1 in.)
- Housing Diameter With Vent: 6.7 cm (2.6 in.)
- Housing Diameter Without Vent: 5.3 cm (2.1 in.)
- 6.4 - 12.7 mm (1/4 - 1/2 in.) stepped hose barb with filling bell on outlet
Typical Hold-Up Volume (with 10 psi air purge)
- ≤ 6 mL
Maximum Operating Temperature
- 60 °C (140 °F) at 2.1 bar (210 kPa, 30 psi)
Maximum Operating Pressure
- 4.1 bar (410 kPa, 60 psi) at ambient temperature
Recommended Integrity Test Minimum Bubble Point – Water
- 3.5 bar (350 kPa, 51 psi)
Typical Water Flow Rate (1 cp)
- mL/min at 0.1 bar (10 kPa): 300 mL/min/psi: 207
- Lot samples retain a minimum 107 cfu/cm2 of B. diminuta per modified ASTM F838, current revision
- < 0.25 EU/mL using Limulus Amoebocyte Lysate (LAL) test
- Passes United States Pharmacopeia (USP) Biological Reactivity Test, In Vivo <88>
- Capsules that have been sterilized by gamma radiation can be autoclaved for 1 x 1/2hr cycle at 125°C
Sterile Filtration and Clarification