Fast, Positive-Pressure Filtration
of Aqueous Solutions Up To 3 L
- Integral hydrophobic vent prevents air lock.
- Sterilization by gamma irradiation eliminates the risk of cytotoxic residuals from EtO sterilization.
- Reduce mycoplasma. Choose 0.1 μm pore size Supor® membrane.
- Compatible with most positive-pressure systems. Inlet accepts 6.4 mm (1/4 in.) tubing or any male slip luer.
- For sterilization or clarification of up to three liters of serum-free cell and tissue culture media, media additives, and other aqueous solutions
- Ideal for sterilization of solutions that tend to foam when filtered under vacuum
Materials of Construction
- Filter Media: Supor [hydrophilic polyethersulfone (PES)] membrane
- Housing: Modified acrylic
- Vent: 0.02 μm PTFE
- Filling Bell: Modified acrylic
Effective Filtration Area
- 15 cm2
- 6.4 mm (1/4 in.) hose barb, inner taper accepts male slip luer; removable filling bell attached to outlet
Typical Hold-Up Volume (with air purge)
- < 2 mL
Maximum Operating Temperature
- 55 °C (131 °F)
Maximum Operating Pressure
- 2.1 bar (210 kPa, 30 psi)
Typical Water Flow Rate
- mL/min at 1.0 bar (100 kPa, 15 psi)
- 0.1 μm: 90
- 0.2 μm: 220
- 0.45 μm: 500
- < 0.25 EU/mL using Limulus Amoebocyte Lysate (LAL) test
- Passes United States Pharmacopeia (USP) Biological Reactivity Test, In Vivo <88>
- Sterilized by gamma irradiation and individually packaged
Comparative Throughput of AcroCap Devices with Competitor Devices - Basal Medium Eagle with 10% Fetal Bovine Serum
Sterile Filtration and Clarification