VacuCap 60 Devices
VacuCap 60 PF Device
VacuCap 90 Devices
VacuCap 90 PF Device
VacuCap Spare Parts and Accessories
Innovative Bottle-Top Filters for Fast Vacuum Filtration of 100 mL to 5 L of Aqueous Solutions
Vaccum Filtration Made Easy
Explore how VacuCap filter unit can:
- Replace current vacuum filter systems
- Simplify workflow
- Maximize filtration
- Filter faster. Supor® membrane provides high flow rates.
- No need to constantly refill upper fluid reservoir.
- Draws directly from the mixing reservoir.
- Eliminates the possibility of contamination from transfer steps. Filters directly into the desired container.
- Match filter to sample volume by choosing from two sizes.
- Available built-in prefilter increases throughput of particulate-laden solutions such as serum-containing media.
- Environmentally-friendly with minimal plastic waste.
- Patented small design accepts a variety of collection vessels and reduces storage space and waste.
- TA version available with tubing attached to each device for maximum convenience.
- Gamma irradiated, eliminates potential contamination by EtO residuals.
View our video on vacuum filtration made easy
- Excellent device for cell culture media preparation
- PF version is useful for sterilization of hard-to-filter solutions
- Reduce mycopalsma with the 0.1 µm pore size
Materials of Construction
- Filter Media: Supor [hydrophilic polyethersulfone (PES)] membrane
- Housing: Modified acrylic
- Membrane Support Material: Polyester
- Sinker Material: Glass-filled polyurethane elastomer
- Inlet Tubing: Polyvinyl chloride (PVC) medical-grade tubing
- Gasket Seal Material: Polyethylene
- 0.1, 0.2, 0.45, and 0.8/0.2 μm
Effective Filtration Area
- VacuCap 60 Devices: 30 cm2
- VacuCap 90 Devices: 60 cm2
- (RPMI + 10% newborn calf serum)
VacuCap 60 Devices, 0.2 μm: 1 L
VacuCap 90 Devices, 0.2 μm: 5 L
- (RPMI + 10% calf serum)
VacuCap 60 PF Devices: 500 mL
VacuCap 90 PF Devices: 1 L
- VacuCap 60 Devices: Can be used on receptacles with openings ranging from 2 - 5 cm (0.8 - 1.9 in.)
- VacuCap 90 Devices: Can be used on receptacles with openings ranging from 2 - 6.5 cm (0.8 - 2.5 in.)
Typical Hold-Up Volume
- Vacucap 60 Devices: 1.2 mL
- VacuCap 90 Devices: 3.2 mL
Maximum Operating Temperature
- 55 °C (131 °F)
Typical Water Flow Rate
- mL/min at 25.4 cm Hg (10 in. Hg)
VacuCap 60 Devices VacuCap 90 Devices 0.1 µm: 50 0.1 µm: 100 0.2 µm: 200 0.2 µm: 400 0.45 µm: 280 0.45 µm: 560 PF: 200 PF: 400
- 38.1 cm Hg (15 in. Hg)
- < 0.25 EU/mL using Limulus Amoebocyte Lysate (LAL) test
- Passes United States Pharmacopeia (USP) Biological Reactivity Test, In Vivo <88>
- Sterilized by gamma irradiation and individually packaged
VacuCap® 90 Device Filtration Efficiency(RPMI 1640 + 10% Newborn Calf Serum)
VacuCap 90 Device Filtration Capacity(100% Newborn Calf Serum)
VacuCap 90 (0.2 μm) filter device performance as compared to that of competitive vacuum filter units with 0.2 μm Cellulose Acetate membrane. Filtration conducted at 21 °C (70 °F) and 38 cm Hg (15 in. Hg) vacuum. Volumes reflect a filtration time of five minutes.
VacuCap 90 PF Device Filtration Efficiency(RPMI + 10% Calf Serum)
VacuCap 90 PF Device Filtration Capacity(100% Calf Serum)
Filtration conducted at 21 °C (70 °F), 50 cm Hg (20 in. Hg) vacuum, five minute filtration time. Actual results may vary depending upon type and concentration of serum, liquid temperature, and applied vacuum.
- Connect the feed tubing to the port marked “INLET” on the VacuCap device. Place the opposite end of the tubing in the unfiltered fluid to be drawn.
- Connect the vacuum tubing to the port marked “VACUUM” on the VacuCap device. Refer to product insert for safety precautions.
- While holding the VacuCap device securely onto the filtrate container, start the vacuum. The VacuCap device will seal securely to the container top and fluid will be drawn.
- When filtration is complete, switch off the vacuum pump allowing the vacuum inside the receiving container to dissipate. Refer to the product insert for complete instructions.