For Reduced Cleaning and Easier HandlingThe use of encapsulated filters in the pharmaceutical industry is becoming more widespread due to the significant advantages they provide, including reduced operator exposure, reduced cleaning, increased yield and easier handling.
In applications producing and using hazardous or toxic materials such as cytotoxic drugs, catalysts or powdered activated carbon (PAC), Pall SUPRAcap 200 modules offer increased operator protection and simplified process handling. Pall SUPRAcap 200 modules are the first encapsulated, disposable depth filter modules for medium to large scale process filtration.
Applications for Pall SUPRAcap 200 modules include:
- Filtration of toxic products
- Removal of filter aids
- Removal of catalysts
- Removal of activated carbon
- Filtration of fermenter broth
- Serum filtration
- Blood plasma filtration
- Removal of mammalian cells prior to downstream processing
The wide portfolio of Pall depth filter media and grades, together with our proven experience, helps you to find the optimal solution to your individual filtration application
both quickly and efficiently.
SUPRAcap 200 Modules Help to Reduce Cleaning Costs, Minimize Operator Exposure and Enhance Product Yields.
Pall SUPRAcap 200 modules are encapsulated in polypropylene and installed in a specially constructed housing so that only the inlet and outlet socket and the ejection plates between the stacked modules are in contact with product in the filter housing. These housing parts are removable and can be washed separately so that the cleaning efforts are dramatically reduced, compared to standard depth filter module applications.
- Minimized contact between operator and fluids, means reduced exposure risks
- Reduced product hold-up due to capsule design means higher yields
- Easier handling of difficult and toxic products
- Shorter processing times due to reduced cleaning efforts
- Reduced cross contamination risks
SUPRAcap 200 Modules Meet Industry Requirements
Pall SUPRAcap 200 encapsulated modules have been engineered to meet industry requirements, such as steam in place sterilization and low extractables. They offer high flow rates and throughputs and are designed to have minimal hold-up volumes ensuring maximum product recovery.
- All Pall SUPRAcap 200 modules are 100 % pressure tested after production
- Pall SUPRAcap 200 modules are steam sterilizable at 125 °C for 20 minutes
- All plastic components used in construction meet the specifications for the biological test listed in the current version of the USP Class VI for plastics at 121 °C
- Pall SUPRAcap 200 modules and all their components are fully traceable by serial number
Further information is available on Pall's range of Filter Modules and Capsules with Seitz Depth Filter Media
|Maximum Operating Temperature||90 oC|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||6 barg (87 psig) at 60 oC |
3 barg (43psig) at 90 oC
* With compatible fluids, which do not soften, swell or adversely affect the products or its materials of construction
|Steam in Place||125 oC for 20 minutes|
Capsule Materials of Construction
|SUPRAcap 200 capsule||Polypropylene components|
|O-rings||Silicone elastomer |
FEP encapsulated silicone
|Nominal Total Length||324 mm (12.7 in.)|
|Nominal Total Diameter||298 mm (11.7 in.)|
Media Technical Specification
|Code||Depth Filter Type||Typical Water |
@ Δp 1 bar (14.5 psid)
|Nominal Retention Rating in µm||Ash Content in %||Endotoxin Level |