Emflon® PFR Filter MediumAt the heart of every Kleenpak Emflon PFR Capsule filter is a high-performance pleated cartridge, containing proprietary PTFE membrane. The high-strength PTFE membrane is inherently hydrophobic, chemically inert, and designed specifically for removal of contaminating bacteria and viruses. Emflon PFR filters have a microbial removal rating of 0.2 µm in liquids and a particulate removal rating of 0.003 µm in gases. Emflon PFR filters meet the ever-increasing demand for air filters with greater strength and longer life.
Clean and Robust DesignThe Kleenpak filter uses well-proven proprietary Pall techniques for filter construction and heat sealing.
- The highest possible security against filter bypass is ensured, even under conditions of pulsed flow
- High-strength design allows multiple autoclave cycles for extended use and maximum filter economy
- Polypropylene outer shell is designed to provide long-term assurance of pressure and temperature ratings
- A total absence of glues, binder resins and surfactants results in very low filter extractables and extremely clean filtrate
High Quality StandardsEvery Pall Kleenpak filter is manufactured to a very high standard of quality assurance and cleanliness, and in accordance to a quality system accredited to ISO 9000.
For pharmaceutical use, the P designation in the part number provides full traceability supported by a certificate of test.
Quality and Bio-Safety
- Meets USP Biological Reactivity Test, in vivo for Class VI-121 °C Plastics
Effluent Quality Tests*
- Meets Cleanliness per USP Particulates in Injectables
- Non-Pyrogenic per USP Bacterial Endotoxins (< 0.25 EU/mL)
- Meets Oxidizables and pH per USP Sterile Purified Water
*Per lot sample soak or rinse-up flush aliquots.
Features and Benefits
- Comprehensive validation assures highest removal efficiency and highest safety margins (validation guide available on request)
- High flow-rates and low pressure drop allow use of small systems, reducing installation and running costs
- Robust construction ensure integrity and reliability
- Long autoclave life and long service offer low-cost filtration
Materials of Construction
|Membrane||Double-layer hydrophobic PTFE|
|Support and Drainage Layers||Polypropylene|
|End Cap, Core and Cage||Polypropylene|
|Venet and Drain Valve O-rings||Ethylene Propylene Rubber|
|Maximum Diameter (Including Valves)||94 mm
|Length with 38 mm
(1½ in.) sanitary connections
|Length with hosetail connection
(14 mm (9/16 in.) single–barb)
Maximum Cumulative Steam Autoclave Time
|Up to 140 °C||50 hours|
|Maximum Operating Temperature||40 °C|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||3.5 barg (50 psig)|
|Maximum Differential Pressure||3.5 bard (50 psid)|
Filter Integrity Test Recommendation2
|KA2 and KA3||Water Intrusion Test|
Typical Air Flow Rates3
3Typical initial clean ∆P, air at 20 °C. Values shown are for 38 mm (1 1⁄2 in.) sanitary flange connections. Values with other connections are available upon request. For gases other than air or nitrogen, contact your local Pall representative.
Nominal Filter Area
|Filter Area||0.04 m2 (0.45 ft2)||0.08 m2 (0.95 ft2)||0.23 m2 (2.48 ft2)|