Pall Mini Kleenpak capsules with Emflon®PFR media are designed for air filtration and vent applications where the use of a small-sized and low weight is critical. With a surface area of 280 cm², each hydrophobic Mini Kleenpak capsule filter contains a proprietary high-performance PTFE membrane. 0.2 PTFE mini-filter capsule comes with an inherently hydrophobic and chemically resistant membrane. This membrane is designed to remove bacteria, viruses, and particles from air and gas streams, even in the presence of humidity and moisture. The same membrane is used in other Emflon PFR capsules and cartridges, allowing scale-up from development to production.
These filters have an absolute rating of 0.2 μm in liquidbased on microbial retention.
- Small, lightweight pleated membrane capsule filter (280 cm² [0.3 ft²] filter area)
- Highly retentive Emflon PFR membrane
- High flow rates associated with low Delta P enable the use of small filters – reducing installation and operating costs.
- High resistance to autoclaving cycles and long filter life – reducing filtration costs
- Integrity testable using the Forward Flow test
- Choice of connection options for enhanced flexibility
- Validated in liquids with Brevundimonas diminuta (ATCC 19146) at a challenge level of
107 organisms/cm² of filter area 100 % integrity tested during manufacturing
- Identified by a lot number and a unique serial number for complete traceability of manufacturing history and for user’s traceability systems
- Each filter supplied with a Certificate of Test
- Comprehensive validation guide available
- Manufactured under a Quality Management System certified to ISO 9001:2000
- Meets USP Biological Reactivity Tests in vivo, in accordance with USP Class VI plastics
at 121 °C
Materials of Construction
|Support and Drainage Layers||Polypropylene|
|Sealing Technology||Thermal bonding|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||4.1 bar (59 psi) at 38 °C|
|Maximum Operating Temperature||80 °C (176 °F) at 2.1 bar|
1 In compatible fluids which do not soften, swell or adversely affect the filter or its materials of construction.
|Autoclave at 125 °C||
20 x 30 minute cycles
|Autoclave at 135 °C||10 x 30 minute cycles|
Actual operating conditions may affect the filter’s long term response to sterilization. Filters should be qualified for each process application.
Nominal Effective Filtration Area
|280 cm² (0.3 ft²)|
|Maximum diameter including valves||41 mm (1.6 in.)|
|Length with ½ in. Tri-Clover compatible connection||72.6 mm (2.9 in.)|
|Length with 6 mm to 13 mm (¼ in. to ½ in.) hosetail connections||104.6 mm (4.1 in.)|
|Length with ¼ in. NPT connection||97.4 mm (3.8 in.)|
|KA02PFRP2||Non-sterile with stepped hosebarb ½ in. to ¼ in. connections||3 per box|
|KA02PFRP3||Non sterile with NPT ¼ in. connection||3 per box|
|KA02PFRP8||Non sterile with ½ in. Tri-Clover* compatible connection||3 per box|