The Palltronic Flow Check II unit performs a fast and simple test to confirm that an integrity test instrument is measuring flow correctly.
A ‘Flow Check’ test can be performed as often as the user requires, enhancing complete confidence in the integrity test instrument. The user simply connects the Flow Check II unit to the integrity test instrument and performs either a Flow Check test (Palltronic Flowstar integrity test instruments only), Forward Flow or Diffusion test. The flow measured by the integrity test instrument is then compared with the calibrated flow of the Flow Check II unit. The gas flow rate through a capillary is dependent on the differential pressure across the capillary.
The inlet pressure is controlled by the connected integrity test instrument, as pressure above the actual atmospheric pressure. The atmospheric pressure is dependent on the weather situation and local height above sea level. The Flow Check II unit has a built-in pressure sensor. When the button on the side of the unit is pressed, the atmospheric pressure is measured and the unit displays the actual flow rate. There is no need to use a table to calculate a conversion factor.
- Actual flow rate is automatically calculated and shown on the display
- A precise pressure sensor determines the atmospheric pressure
- Robust, sanitary stainless steel design makes it ideal for use in the pharmaceutical industry
- Easy-to-use Stäubli connector
- Internal Pall Gaskleen® filter
- No need to calculate flow rate using conversion table
- Even small changes in height or weather conditions are detected
- The unit can be used with all integrity test instruments in laboratories or cleanrooms
- The unit can be easily and quickly connected to and disconnected from filter integrity test instruments
- The internal filter protects the precision flow capillary from contamination from particles and liquids
Each Palltronic Flow Check II unit is supplied with a calibration certificate, Instructions for Use, pneumatic tubing and Stäubli fittings. The Palltronic Flow Check II unit is available in three configurations - see the 'Ordering Information' tab for details. Which version should be used depends on the flow range of the integrity test instrument being checked. For the FC02M and FC02H models, a volume must be installed between the unit and the instrument.