Easy, fast and safe data entry and test selection for Palltronic® Flowstar IV integrity test instrumentsIn modern pharmaceutical manufacturing, filters are often installed across various locations, and in a wide range of applications. Part numbers for each of these filters may differ only slightly, and a filter may also be installed in a housing which is also identified by number – making it difficult for the user to select and implement a suitable integrity test program.
The Palltronic barcode reader is ideal for use with Palltronic Flowstar filter integrity test instruments and can read and interpret both one-and two-dimensional barcodes. This enables the user to automatically select a pre-defined integrity test program, and to enter critical data into required fields to run the integrity test. It is connected to the Palltronic Flowstar IV instrument via the USB port. The user simply scans the barcode label with the name of a stored test program. The instrument will then prompt the user to input the variable data for the named test program. If the scanned label contains codes for a filter part number, any stored test programs for the specific filter are listed and can be selected. When the test program is selected and the necessary data entered, the integrity test can be started immediately.
Barcodes can be created using the supplied barcode-generating program for the Palltronic Flowstar IV instrument. The program can create 2D barcodes that can be copied into the computer's memory or printed and passed into documents and reports. Barcodes generated with the program include field identifiers, so that the instrument can match the code to the correct data fields.
- Programmed tests and parameters can be selected with a simple scan
- Filter serial numbers can be identified directly from the tested filters
- Delivered pre-configured for immediate use
- Can read and interpret several different barcode formats
- Can generate barcodes for test parameters or full test programs with the supplied barcode-generating software
- Qualification protocols for the barcode reader are available
- Tough and robust: IP54-rated to protect against penetration of dust or liquid
- Increases process safety and confidence in the use of test programs and test parameters
- Avoid time spent having to search for the correct set of test results, due to typographical errors in critical data
- No time-consuming installation or setup
- Flexibility – compatible with filters from any manufacturers that include standard barcodes on their products
- Barcodes for different parameters are easily created, without the need for any external software
- Performing qualification is simplified
- Can be used anywhere the Palltronic Flowstar instrument is in use, even in the most demanding environments
|Length||13.5 cm (5.3 in.)|
|Height||16.3 cm (6.4 in.)|
|Width||8.1 cm (3.2 in.)|
|Weight||213 g (0.47 lb)|
|Housing||UL 94V0 grade|
|Sealing||IP54 (water and dust-resistant)|
|Mechanical shock||Operational after 50 drops from 2 m (6.5 ft) to concrete|
|Relative humidity||0 – 95%, non condensing|
|Ambient light||0 – 100,000 lux (full sunlight)|
|Motion tolerance||10 cm (4 in.) per second|
|Operating temperature||-10 to 50 °C|
|Storage temperature||-40 to 70 °C|
|PaIltronic Flowstar IV instrument (all models)||USB|
|Standard Barcode Reader for the Palltronic Flowstar IV instrument
Wireless Barcode Reader for the Palltronic Flowstar IV instrument
Palltronic® Bar Code Reader provides an easy method to keeping track of part numbers across the various components of biopharmaceutical filtration systems. Pall's Scanner allows for proper part identification for integrity testing. Part identification is needed for high quality operations and product confidence. Manufacturing safety is ensured with IP54-rated system to protect against dust or liquid penetration.