Pall HDC® II all-polypropylene liquid filter cartridges incorporate proprietary HDC II tapered pore polypropylene depth media. The single open-ended (SOE) AB filter cartridge style features a high-area pleated modular element construction designed to fit in sanitary filter housings.
HDC IISOEliquidfilter cartridges are well-suited for a broad range of fine particle and prefiltration applications where purity, economy, and reliability are critical. Typical biopharmaceutical applications include biologicals, pharmaceuticals, fermentation feeds, and intermediates, and vaccines.
Features and Benefits
- All-polypropylene construction
- Resin-free, melt-sealed
- Constant density tapered pores
- High-capacity for long-life
- Fixed pore, non-shedding
- Low protein binding
- Low extractables
- Broad chemical compatibilities
- Autoclavable and steamable in situ
- Manufactured for use in conformance with cGMP
- ISO 9000 Certified Quality System
- Pharmaceutical P optimized grades with Certificate of Test provided
- FDA-listed materials per 21 CFR
Note: These filters are also available in Kleenpak capsule format.
Quality and Bio-Safety Biological TestsMeets USP Biological Reactivity Test, in vivo, for Class VI-121 °C Plastics
Effluent Quality Tests*Meets Cleanliness per USP Particulates in Injectables
- Non-Fiber-Releasing Non-Pyrogenic per USP
- Bacterial Endotoxins (< 0.25 EU/mL)
- Meets Total Organic Carbon and Water Conductivity per USP Purified Water, pH per USP Sterile Purified Water
* Per lot sample soak or rinse-up flush aliquots.
Materials of Construction
|Support and Drainage Layers||Polypropylene|
|Core,Cage and End Caps||Polypropylene|
|Adapter (P grade)||Polypropylene with polyetherimide reinforcing ring|
Removal Ratings (Liquid) 2
|40 µm, 20 µm, 10 µm, 6 µm, 4.5 µm, 2.5 µm, 1.2 µm, 0.6 µm 3|
3 Extrapolated value.
|Lengths||254 mm (10 in.), 508 mm (20 in.), 762 mm (30 in.), and 1016 mm (40 in.)|
|Diameter||70 mm (2.75 in.)|
|Maximum Differential Pressure and Temperature 4||
5.5 bard (80 psid) to 50 °C
4.1 bard (60 psid) to 80 °C
Autoclaving and Steaming In Situ5
|Maximum Steam Temperature||140 °C|
Typical Liquid Flow Rates6
6 Typical initial media ∆P 254mm (10 in.) element; water at 20 °C; viscosity 1 cP. For assistance in filter assembly sizing and housing selection, contact your local Pall representative.