Increased Dirt-holding Capacity and Filter Service Life
- High dirt capacity pleated polypropylene filters constructed with a proprietary technique: varying the fiber diameter instantaneously and continuously to produce a pore-size distribution from coarse (upstream) to fine (downstream) while maintaining constant void-volume throughout the depth of the filter medium. This unique construction means that more contaminants are trapped in the outer and inner layers of the medium, thereby substantially increasing its dirt-holding capacity, and the service life of the filter.
- Sealkleen and Junior HDC® II style filters are available in absolute removal ratings from 0.6 µm to 40 µm.
Filter Application Range
- The all-polypropylene construction of these filters make them compatible with an extremely wide range of fluids.
- Cartridges with a P option are optimized for pharmaceutical applications.
Varied Fiber Diameter
- Extraordinarily high dirt-holding capacity fixed pore structure
- No solids unloading under variations in flow or pressure differential
- Fibers will not migrate or become dislodged and contaminate process fluid
Filter Materials of Construction
- Pure Polypropylene filter construction
- Extremely good chemical compatibility with a wide range of fluids
- No surfactants or binder resins
- Filter cartridges can be in situ steam-sterilized
- All materials of construction are FDA-listed materials per 21 CFR
Quality and Bio-Safety Biological Tests
- Meets USP Biological Reactivity, In Vivo, for Class VI-121 °C plastics Effluent Quality Tests*
- Meets Cleanliness per USP Particulates in Injectables
- Non-Pyrogenic per USP Bacterial Endotoxins (< 0.25 EU/mL)
- Meets Total Organic Carbon and Water Conductivity per USP Purified Water, pH per USP Sterile Purified Water
* Per lot sample soak or rinse-up flush aliquots.
Filter Operational Limits
|Temperature||Maximum Differential Pressure|
|up to 50 °C||5.5 bard (80 psid)|
|up to 80 °C||4.1 bard (60 psid)|
Nominal Filter Area
|Grade||SLK7001 Style||MCY4463 and SLK7002 Styles|
|J006||0.11 m2 (1.2 ft2)||0.22 m2 (2.4 ft2)|
|J012||0.12 m2 (1.3 ft2||0.25 m2 (2.7 ft2)|
|J025||0.14 m2 (1.6 ft2)||0.25 m2 (2.7 ft2)|
|J045||0.14 m2 (1.6 ft2)||0.25 m2 (2.7 ft2)|
|J060||0.07 m2 (0.8 ft2)||0.15 m2 (1.7 ft2)|
|J100||0.09 m2 (1.0 ft2)||0.19 m2 (2.1 ft2)|
|J200||0.09 m2 (1.0 ft2)||0.19 m2 (2.1 ft2)|
|J400||0.06 m2 (0.7 ft2)||0.25 m2 (2.7 ft2)|
Typical Liquid Flow Rates for SLK7002 and MCY4463 Styles
Note: Differential pressures are for liquids with a viscosity of 1 cP. Differential pressures for liquids at other viscosities can be conservatively estimated by multiplying the indicated differential pressure by the viscosity in cP. To obtain the total pressure drop of a complete filter assembly the housing pressure drop must be added. Please refer to the relevant housing literature or contact Pall.
|Steam-sterilizing Temperature||Up to 140 °C in situ or autoclave|
Junior Style (MCY)
- Single open-ended 57 mm (2.25 in.) diameter element
- Single external O-ring seal contained in the outlet end cap
- Cartridge nominal length of 133 mm (5.25 in.)
- Single open-ended 57 mm (2.25 in.) diameter element (excluding flange)
- Incorporates a patented sealing arrangement that eliminates any chance of fluid bypass via the seal, from the upstream side of the filter element to the downstream side.
- The housing elastomeric O-ring is placed on a special flange, which is an integral part of the element outlet end cap.
HDC® II Junior Style Filter Cartridges use all polypropylene construction for a wide chemical compatibility range. The fiber diameters vary to increase the dirt catching and holding capacities for both upstream and downstream processes. Filter cartridges can be steam sterilized for easy maintenance and long service life.