Low Protein Binding Delta Membrane Used in the Proven T-Series Cassette Design Optimizes Process Economics
- Improved process performance. Cassettes are designed to provide optimal mass transfer to improve your process economics.
- Increased safety, reliability, and reproducibility. Superior new materials of construction are durable and stable, and exhibit very low extractables. Membrane is backpressure resistant up to 4.1 barg (60 psig).
- Easy scale up for robust purification processes. Available in scalable formats with the same materials of construction from development to production-scale processes.
- High flux, high selectivity, and low protein binding are achieved through the use of Delta regenerated cellulose membrane.
Delta Regenerated Cellulose MembraneDelta regenerated cellulose membrane offers high flux and selectivity. The membrane has been specifically developed to minimize protein binding to the surface and interstitial structure of the membrane. Inherently hydrophilic, this membrane shows low protein adsorption properties and is optimal for processes involving very hydrophilic proteins. Delta regenerated cellulose membrane shows low fouling characteristics, allowing a constant performance or flux during a production run. It is easy to clean and typically recovers normalized water permeability (NWP) by using only 0.8N saline solution.
Figure 1T-Series Cassettes with Delta Membrane Offer Excellent Scalability Among Formats
T01 93 cm2 (0.1 ft2) EFA
T02 186 cm2 (0.2 ft2) EFA
T12 0.1 m2 (1.1 ft2) EFA
T06 0.5 m2 (5.4 ft2) EFA
T26 2.5 m2 (27 ft2) EFA
The T-Series AdvantageSuperior new materials of construction and improved cassette design increase process safety, reliability, reproducibility, and productivity:
- The feed and permeate screen material for T-Series cassettes is made from polypropylene which is highly resistant to sodium hydroxide.
- Larger feed and permeate ports provide lower pressure drops.
- T-Series cassettes have been designed to provide maximum mass transfer through the membrane, resulting in faster processing times or reduced area installations compared to existing similar cassette formats.
- Antibody fragments (Fab)
- Purification and recovery of antibodies
- Concentration and diafiltration of recombinant proteins
- Blood plasma fractionation and purification
Product PlatformsT-Series cassettes complement Pall’s highly successful Centramate™ and Centrasette™ products, and have been developed following years of experience designing and optimizing our customers’ biotech and biopharmaceutical processes. T-Series cassettes for Centramate holders are offered in scalable membrane formats with effective filtration areas (EFA) from as low as 93 cm2 (0.1 ft2), making them ideal for process development and small-scale production of 50 mL to 125 L. Centrasette T-Series cassettes, in combination with Centrasette holders, can process thousands of liters with installations incorporating hundreds of square meters of EFA.
Materials of Contruction
|Membrane||Delta regenerated cellulose|
|Encapsulent||Polyurethane with white pigment (TiO2)|
|Permeate Seals||Medical grade, platinum cured silicone|
|Gaskets||Medical grade, platinum cured silicone|
|Maximum Pressure1||6 barg (90 psig) @ 23 °C |
4 barg (60 psig) @ 55 °C
|Maximum TMP||4 barg (60 psig) @ 55 °C|
|Temperature Range2||4 – 55 °C|
|pH Range||2 – 13|
1 Pressure rating will be dependant on rating of the lowest system component.
2 Cassettes must not be allowed to freeze.
Typical Operating Parameters
|Cross Flow Rate for Processing||5 – 7 L/min/m2 (0.5 – 0.7 L/min/ft2)|
|Cross Flow Rate for Cleaning||5 – 8 L/min/m2 (0.5 – 0.8 L/min/ft2)|
|Test Pressure||4 barg (60 psig)|
|Maximum Air Forward Flow||< 500 sccm/m2 (< 50 sccm/ft2)|
Shelf LifeThe shelf life of cassettes packaged in preservative is expected to be three years from the date of manufacture when the cassettes are stored unopened in the original packaging at 4 – 25 °C and protected from direct light. Extended shelf life studies are ongoing.
Biological SafetyAll of the materials of construction in the T-Series cassettes have been tested and meet requirements for United States Pharmacopeia (USP) Biological Reactivity Test, In Vivo
<88> at 70 °C.
- Certificate of Quality
- Membrane Cassette Care and Use Procedures
- Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for the cassette preservative
- Two platinum cured silicone gaskets
The full Validation Guide is available on request from your local Pall contact. Pall also offers a comprehensive Validation Service for specific tests (such as compatibility) in your process fluid. As always, Pall’s Downstream Processing Specialists are available to train and support you in the optimization of your TFF processes.
|Part Number||NMWC*||Type and Nominal Membrane Area|
|DC010T01||10 kD||Centramate 93 cm2 (0.1 ft2)|
|DC010T02||10 kD||Centramate 186 cm2 (0.2 ft2)|
|DC010T12||10 kD||Centramate 0.1 m2 (1.1 ft2)|
|DC010T06||10 kD||Centrasette 0.5 m2 (5.4 ft2)|
|DC010T26||10 kD||Centrasette 2.5 m2 (27 ft2)|
|DC030T01||30 kD||Centramate 93 cm2 (0.1 ft2)|
|DC030T02||30 kD||Centramate 186 cm2 (0.2 ft2)|
|DC030T12||30 kD||Centramate 0.1 m2 (1.1 ft2)|
|DC030T06||30 kD||Centrasette 0.5 m2 (5.4 ft2)|
|DC030T26||30 kD||Centrasette 2.5 m2 (27 ft2)|