The Starclear glass fiber filter cartridge employs a unique composite design that incorporates a polypropylene pre-filtration layer (Pall Profile® Star media) with 2 layers of 1 μm absolute rated positively charged glass fiber filter membrane (Pall Ultipor® GF Plus media).
Pall’s AB style filters are disposable 254 mm (10 inch) modular element cartridges assembled in 254,508,762, and 1016 mm lengths to be used with stainless steel housing assemblies, most suitable for medium to large scale manufacturing operations (100 L to >1000 L). With Code 7 fittings as standard, these are the most versatile filtration units in Pall’s range and incorporate a broader range of filtration media than any other filter type. These filters, when encapsulated, become the Kleenpak™ Nova capsule format.
Key Features and Benefits
- Built-in pre-filtration layer ensures exceptionally high dirt holding capacity, long service life, and smaller installations
- Absolute filtration layers for consistent performance and no fiber shedding or unloading
- High flow rates mean faster production times and improved process economics
- Positive zeta potential for removing fine contaminants such as bacteria, viruses, endotoxins, and haze
Pharmaceutical grade cartridges provide assurance that:
- Every filter is manufactured under a quality system certified to ISO 9000
- All filter elements are batch traceable • The filter components have met the specifications for biological tests listed in the current revision of the USP for Class VI-121 °C plastics
- Filter elements are statistically tested for fabrication integrity
- Filter effluent is statistically tested for:
- Particulate and fiber cleanliness using an optical microscope
- TOC, pH and pyrogens in accordance with current USP limits and requirements.
Materials of Construction
|Support and Drainage Layers||Polypropylene|
|Core, Cage and Endcaps||Polypropylene|
Steam Sterilizing Temperature
|Maximum Recommended Cumulative Steam Life|
|125 °C||10 hours|
|Typical Aqueous Extractables per 254 mm (10 in.) Module||40 mg|
Microbial and Particulate Removal Efficiency
|Challenge Contaminant||Typical Removal Efficiency 2,4|
|Brevundimonas diminuta||TR > 102|
|Aqueous suspension of AC fine test dust3||ß > 5000 at 0.5 μm4|
No. organisms detected in effluent
3 Performance measured using the Pall F2 test. Contact Pall for further details.
4 ß = No particles > given size in influent
No particles > given size in effluent
ß 5000 corresponds to a 99.98% removal efficiency
|Maximum Differential Pressure||
5 bar (72.5 psi) @ 40 °C
|Maximum Operating Temperature||60 °C|