S Series cartridges are produced in cylindrical form with higher voids and narrower pore size distributions for greater flows at comparable ratings. Double open-ended (DOE) style cartridges are standard. They are recommended for steam service and well suited for liquid or gas applications including solvents, chemical intermediates, heat transfer and cryogenic fluids, polymers, pharmaceuticals, and high-temperature gases. Single open-ended (SOE) AB sanitary and threaded styles are also available.
Features and Benefits
- All-stainless steel construction
- Controlled and fixed pore size
- PH grade for clean steam
- Up to 2x life of competitive filters
- High pressure and corrosion resistant
- Withstands high reverse-flows
- High-temperature capabilities
- Repeatedly cleanable
- No soluble polymeric extractables
- No unloading or shedding
- Absolute rated for reliable performance
- ISO 9000 Certified Quality System
- Manufactured for use in conformance with cGMP
- FDA-listed materials per 21 CFR
Materials of Construction
|Medium||Type 316L stainless steel(1)|
|End Caps||Type 316L stainless steel(1)|
(1) Other grades and alloys available
(2) Other Polymers available.
|Double open-ended (DOE), flat gasket seals|
(3) Single open-ended AB sanitary and threaded styles available.
|Diameters||P Series: 64 mm (2.5 in.) |
S Series: 60.5 mm (2.38 in.)
Maximum Differential Pressure(4)
|Forward and Reverse Flow Direction||3.4 bard (50 psid) to 232 °C|
(4) Minimum collapse differential pressure. Temperature limit with Buna-N gaskets: 121 °C. Other gasket materials to 232 °C. For temperatures to 316 °C, or in other alloys to 677 °C, contact your local Pall distributor.
Recommended Maximum Flow Densities(5)
|Grade||Aqueous L/min (gal/min)||Air Nm3/hr (acfm)|
|PD||3.5 (0.9)||13 (80)|
|PE||2.5 (0.7)||9.5 (60)|
|PF||2.1 (0.6)||7.9 (50)|
|PH||1.4 (0.4)||6.3 (40)|
|P09||1.1 (0.3)||4.7 (30)|
|P05||0.7 (0.2)||1.6 (10)|
|S350||3.5 (0.9)||13 (80)|
|S200||2.5 (0.7)||7.9 (50)|
|S100||1.8 (0.5)||6.3 (40)|
|S050||1.1 (0.3)||3.2 (20)|
(5) Ratings are absolute particulate in liquids and gases. Aqueous water, 1 cp and air flows per 10 in. (254 mm) cartridge.
Typical Liquid Flow Rates(6)
(6) Typical initial clean medium ∆P per 254 mm (10 in.) element, water at 20 °C, 1 cP. For assistance in sizing and housing selection, contact your local Pall representative.