Even the best systems, however, may be affected by unpredictable events such as variations in the quality of process fluid or environmental factors — and often at the most critical time. Such events can result in costly down-time or even loss of a product batch.
In addition, continuous improvement is a necessary requirement today, with increasing pressure on process efficiency and costs. Whether your needs are fortroubleshooting or process improvements, Pall Life Sciences’ specialized advice and expect troubleshooting experts can bring significant benefits and cost savings.
What Can Pall Offer?A unique and cost-effective troubleshooting and consultancy service based on:
- More than fifty years experience in process separation systems
- A capability and response unparalleled in the filtration and separations field
How Can Pall Solve Your Problems?
- Our specialists provide the best available professional advice to ensure a rapid and effective investigation.
- We have state-of-the art equipment to assist in problem solving and process monitoring.
- Our worldwide laboratories offer analytical services for the widest range of fluids.
- Our specialists can visit your site to review the process in more detail and to perform studies locally.
- We can develop with you intranet/internet systems to assist troubleshooting and information exchange .
Features and Benefits
- An approach to troubleshooting that is quick and cost effective
- A unique consultancy service that can achieve improved process efficiency and cost savings
- A global capability that ensures local support when and where you need it
- Plant filtration surveys
- Improved life of filtration system
- Investigating non-sterility in a sterile filtration process
- Evaluation of integrity test methodology
- Variable product activity after purification
- Poor separation of protein components
- Reduction of endotoxin contamination in final product
- Malfunction of control sensor in process
- Improved steam-in-place procedures
- Filter steaming process validation
- Scale-up of processes
LaboratoriesWe maintain thirty five laboratories well equipped worldwide to help solve your filtration, separation, and purification problems
PeopleWe are a network of more than four hundred trained scientists within Pall as well as links with many specialists in industry and academia.
EquipmentOur equipment includes scanning electron microscopy, HPLC, mass spectrometry, TOC analysis, FTIR spectroscopy, GC, filterability kits, integrity test units…and many more.
DatabasesWe maintain a comprehensive range of internal databases for troubleshooting. We also subscribe to external databases to ensure the broadest capability and fastest response.
CommunicationsWe operate a Lotus Notes and Intranet system to ensure fast and efficient communications worldwide twenty four hours a day.
DocumentationOur investigations are fully documented in the form of a technical report. This report can be of special importance in regulatory audits and in management of change control.
The report can be prepared to your specific format, if required, to maintain consistency within your documentation.
In all cases, the report will be reviewed, approved and signed by the Pall specialist. You may choose to countersign the document as confirmation of receipt and acceptability of content.
Our aim is to ensure not only that your problems are resolved or processes improved, but that the investigations are fully documented and comply with appropriate manufacturing practices.
If required, we will present the basis of the report in a formal meeting with you.
Part Number Structure
ChargesThe variable nature of troubleshooting and consultancy work means that we have to assess projects individually. Wherever possible, we provide a fixed price in advance. Where this is not possible, we will give an estimate to assist you in budgeting and cost control.
The final invoice gives details on items such as labor, and materials.