An easy, rapid, reliable method for pathogen detectionPall's GeneDisc system has been successfully established in many of the world leading food and environmental industries. The equipment's automation allows less specialized and minimally-trained personnel to routinely perform sophisticated biological sample testing. Part of the GeneDisc system, the GeneDisc Cycler is a robust, real time PCR platform for the rapid, sensitive and specific detection of microorganisms, in a matter of hours. It is comprised of a base unit plus up to seven sub-units - each of the units can hold one GeneDisc plate. The plate's unique, proprietary design enables the detection of a range of microorganisms simultaneously within the same sample DNA extract.
The Cycler performs gene amplification in the plate, and each plate can be used to test either six, nine or twelve samples in parallel. When all sub-units are in use, the Cycler can analyze up to 96 samples in an hour. The unique, modular nature of the GeneDisc cycler offers the flexibility to fit your work flow requirements and to process different applications simultaneously.
- Easy To Use
- Flexible, modular system
- Multi-target measurement
- At-a-glance display of results
- Seamless data transfer with capability for bi-directional LIMS connectivity
- No need for technical skills
- Conduct multiple applications at once
- Detect and quantify a range of important microorganisms in a single assay
- Suitable for use in a cGMP environment
- Minimum operator intervention and reduced risk of cross-contamination
- Enables rapid decision-making
- Optimize your workload
Why wait days to get results? Accelerate your testing with the GeneDisc Cycler – part of Pall's simple to use, convenient, reliable and cost-effective GeneDisc system.
Did You Know?
- Pall's GeneDisc technology is being used by Germany's national reference laboratory to expedite testing of food samples for the toxic pathogen known as E.coli O104:H4 (STEC) - a deadly strain that has sickened nearly 3000 people and disrupted that nation's food industry.
For more information, click here: http://news.pall.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=4587
- Pall's GeneDisc technology is also the first to receive the AOAC Research Institute's multi-parametric validation of a detection method for four serogroups of the most common non-O157 Shiga toxin-producing E. coli (STEC) in ground beef and beef trim. The GeneDisc system enables producers to test simultaneously for the pathogenic E. coli O157 and four of the top six non-O157 STEC (O26, O103, O111, O145) that the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) identifies as key targets in its new laboratory guidance (MLG 5B.00).
For more information, click here: http://news.pall.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=4571
For more information and a list of all product-related part numbers, accessories and technical services, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Weight||Base Unit: 14 kg (30.8 lbs)
Sub-Unit: 2 kg (4.4 lbs)
|Dimensions (Width x height x depth)||Base Unit:
321 mm x 289 mm x 346 mm
(12.6 in. x 11.4 in. x 13.6 in.)
161 mm x 242 mm x 227 mm
(6.3 in. x 9.5 in. x 8.9 in.)
643 mm x 640 mm x 573 mm
(25.3 in. x 25.2 in. x 22.5 in.)
|Working Area||700 mm x 700 mm x 600 mm
(27.5 in. x 27.5 in. x 23.6 in.)
|Voltage||Base Unit: 110 - 230 V AC, 50-60 Hz
Sub-Units: 48 V CC
|Power Consumption||4 A (nominal) for 230 V AC
10 A (nominal) for 110 V AC
|6 USB Ports||
Barcode Reader (supplied)
|Other User Interface Ports||1 x Ethernet Port|
|Ambient temperatures||-20 °C to +60 °C|
How it Works
Step 1 - scan barcode to validate GeneDisc plate and test
Next, samples of DNA and PCR reagents are added to the GeneDisc plate via the Cycler's integrated vacuum system.
Step 2 - fill plate
Finally the plate is placed in the Cycler, where it rotates on different heating plates at a fixed temperature to perform the PCR temperature cycles. One rotation equals one cycle.
Step 3 - load plate into the GeneDisc Cycler
The Cycler's optical system measures any fluorescent signal generated during testing. Data is sent to an integrated computer and user-friendly software records, analyzes and reports the results. Interpretation is automated and a table indicating all results is displayed at the end of the test sequence.
Such rapid and clear results enables fast decision-making for the user, and the minimum handling of PCR components ensures accurate and highly-reproducible data, requiring no significant user skills or training.
Select the language below:
Spares and Accessories
|USB cable for Barcode Reader||SPBRUCV3|
|Seals (x 2)||SPFCSLV3|
|Fuse (10 A slow blow, internal to the unit)||SPFUSEV3|
|Power cable for Base Unit||SPCUPWV3|
|Power cable and adaptor for Touch Screen||SPTPPWV3|
|Cable for connecting Touch Screen to
|USB cable for Touch Screen||SPTPUCV3|
Beer (Craft/Micro Breweries)
Food Contact Compliance & Safety
Food and Ingredients