Fully Automated, Portable, Easy To Use
Integrity testing with the Palltronic Compact Star device is reliable, cost-effective, and operator-friendly. The unit is designed to perform a Pressure Hold Test, a nondestructive method that measures pressure decay over a period of time. The test involves automatically pressurizing the filter housing at a predetermined level, allowing the pressure to stabilize. The unit then takes the test measurement and depressurizes the assembly through the vent valve. Fully automated, the Palltronic Compact Star device eliminates the variability of test results that can occur with manual systems. It provides a simple, fast, and objective check of filter integrity.
An automated integrity test, whether forward flow or pressure hold, is internationally acknowledged as a truly objective and nondestructive method for determining if a filter meets microbial removal specifications and is correctly installed. Test results provide a clear and accurate indication of a filter's integrity prior to its use.
Consistent product quality, including color, taste, and aroma, is essential to establishing and maintaining a successful brand. Integrity testing enables manufacturers to monitor filter integrity to ensure the safety and quality of their final product.
Filter Integrity Test Unit
Easy to OperatePreparation for an integrity test is simple and quick. The housing containing the wetted filter elements is fully drained and isolated by closing all the upstream valves, while the filtrate side is open to ambient pressure. The test device is connected to the compressed air line and the filter housing. The quick coupling makes the connections easy and fast. After the desired test program is selected, or data for a new test is entered, the Palltronic Compact Star device is ready to begin testing. After the test phase, the housing is fully depressurized. The external vent valve protects the instrument from contamination by residual liquid during venting.
Convenient and FlexibleThe small, lightweight, portable, and battery-operated unit is equipped with many convenient features. Test programs can be recalled from memory or created by entering data using the navigation button. Test progress and results, with an explicit 'Pass' or 'Fail' indication, are displayed so all information is available at a glance. The results are automatically saved in the memory and a printout can be generated quickly and easily for analysis and process documentation. Up to 250 test programs and 1,000 test results can be stored or downloaded to a PC. The Palltronic Compact Star device offers the option to select language (English, French, German, Italian, Spanish) and units of measure (mbar, psi, kPa). It also provides a feature whereby test time is automatically reduced if the result is clearly and safely within specification.
Test Method (test pressure)
- Pressure hold test
- 50 mbar – 6000 mbar (0.7 psi – 87 psi)
- Max. 8000 mbar (87 psi)
- Min. 1000 mbar (14.5 psi) over test pressure The pressure supply has to be clean and dry (<95% humidity and no condensation)
- 1 mbar (0.0145 psi)
Accuracy of the Pressure Transducer
- 0.5% FS (FS=6000 mbar, 87 psi)
- LCD Display (56 x 38 mm or 2.2 x 1.5 in, 8 lines)
- 57 mm (2.24 in.) width, normal paper
- 1,000 test results
- 250 test programs
- Memory retained independent of the power supply
- Input for charger
- USB for data transfer to a PC
- Profibus for remote control on request
- Other for remote control on special request
- External vent valve output
- Gas in: Stäubli* male connector
- Gas out : Stäubli* female connector
- Automatic air exhaust
- Battery: 4.8 V, 8.5 Ah
- Recharging time: 5 hrs maximum
- Battery autonomy: ca 60-80 tests
- Power supply and battery charger: 100-240V, 50-60 Hz, exchangeable main plug system (EURO; UK, USA/Japan, Australia, rest of the world)
Storage Temperature Range
- 0 – 45 °C (32 -- 113 °F)
Operating Temperature Range
- 2 – 40 °C (35.6 -- 104 °F)
- D x W (incl. connectors) x H 160 mm x 182 mm (200 mm) x 160 mm (6.3 in. x 7.2 in. (7.9 in.) W x 6.3 in. H)
- Unit Weight: 4.6 kg (10.11 lbs)
- Total Weight: 6.4 kg (14.11 lbs) - Case with accessories
*Stäubli is a registered trademark of Stäubli AG.