Rapid food pathogen detection using PCR technology: pathogenic E. coli O157, STEC, Salmonella, Listeria...
Over 700 serotypes of E. coli have been identified to date. Among the most pathogenic E. coli are the EHEC: the E. coli producing shigatoxins (stx) and adhesin (eae) that are responsible for hemorrhagic diahorrea and may provoke severe hemolytic and uremic syndromes [HUS], which can be potentially lethal. E. coli O157:H7 is the most frequently identified EHEC in clinical HUS. Differentiating between the most pathogenic strains of E. coli and others of lesser importance is crucial to reduce false positive results. Pall's GeneDisc Rapid Microbiology System enables rapid detection of EHEC, pathogenic E. coli O157, Salmonella spp., Listeria spp. and Listeria monocytogenes.
- Focused on pathogenic criteria
- Fast: from sample to result in as little as 10 hours
- Simultaneous analysis of Salmonella and pathogenic E. coli O157
- Closed, real-time GeneDisc system
- User-friendly software with direct display of results
- Seamless data transfer
- Avoid false positive results
- Accelerate your logistic flow
- Control your analytical costs
- Minimize operator intervention
- Automated read-out ensures fast decision making
- Eliminates manual tracking and recording of test results
- Highest standard of quality control