Athalon® CM maximum-life filters with Crixus-enabled remote monitoring technology utilize predictive analysis and remote diagnostics to deliver the highest level of sustained fluid system protection, across all applications, regardless of severity.
Athalon CM filters feature an industry leading BetaX(C)=2000* filter efficiency; the highest rated filter performance available today.(* per ISO 16889)
- Crixus-enabled technology for remote monitoring and predictive analytics
- Remote wireless connection for continuous real time monitoring of filter and fluid assets
- Cloud connectivity provide access to system information from anywhere in the world
- Patented Ultipleat® (laid-over pleat) filter medium pack and Stress-Resistant Technology (SRT) Media for consistent, reliable, protection of system components over the full service life of the filter element
- Beta ≥ 2000 performance to rapidly achieve and sustain required fluid system cleanliness
- Low clean pressure drop, delivering maximum filter capacity in the smallest footprint for low energy operation
- Anti-static construction to prevent electrostatic discharge from damaging your filter and degrading your fluid
For more information on Crixus, contact Pall or visit www.pall.com
Notes and Specifications Filter Housing
- Flows to 230 L/min (60 US gpm)
- Pressures to 414 bar (6000 psi)
- Port Size 1” and 1¼”
- Rated Fatigue Pressure: 0-240 bar (3500 psi) 1 million cycles.
- Filter Element Burst Pressure: 10 bard (150 psid)
- Fluid Compatibility: Compatible with all petroleum oils and most water glycols, water-oil emulsions, and synthetic hydraulic and lubrication fluids
- Temperature Range: Fluorocarbon Seals: -29 ˚C to 120 ˚C (-20 ˚F to 248 ˚F) 60 ˚C (140 ˚F) maximum in HWCF or water glycol fluids
- Power Supply: 24VDC±10%, maximum load 0.4A
- IP Rating: IP65 with mating connectors fitted
- Wireless Connection: Maximum range from gateway 100m, all wireless signals are CE, UL and FCC compliant
- Materials of Construction: Head and Cover: Ductile Cast Iron. Tube: Carbon Steel
- Filter Element: Inorganic fibers impregnated and bonded with epoxy resins. Polymer endcaps. Anti-static media design.
Pressure Drop Information
Housing pressure drop using fluid with 0.9 S.G.
Housing pressure drop is directly proportional to specific gravity.
Element Pressure Drop
218 Series Filter Elements – bard/1000 L/min (psid/US gpm)
|04||20.07 (1.102)||8.51 (0.467)||5.72 (0.314)||3.55 (0.195)||2.69 (0.029)|
|08||9.93 (0.545)||4.21 (0.231)||2.83 (0.155)||1.76 (0.096)||1.33 (0.073)|
|13||5.95 (0.327)||2.52 (0.139)||1.70 (0.093)||1.05 (0.058)||0.80 (0.044)|
|20||3.95 (0.217)||1.68 (0.092)||1.13 (0.062)||0.70 (0.038)||0.53 (0.029)|
Multiply actual flow rate times factor in table below to determine pressure drop with fluid at 32 cSt (150 SUS), 0.9 S.G. Correct for other fluids by multiplying new viscosity in cSt/32 (SUS/150) x new S.G./0.9. Note: factors are per 1000 L/min and per 1 US gpm.
Sample ΔP calculation
UH218 Series 13” length housing with C20 BSPP ports using AN grade media. Operating conditions 100 L/min flow rate using a hydraulic fluid of 50 cSt and specific gravity (S.G.) 1.2.Total Filter ΔP
= ΔP housing + ΔP element
= (0.13 x 1.2/0.9) bard (housing)
+ ((100 x 1.70/1000) x 50/32 x 1.2/0.9) bard (element)
= 0.17 (housing) + 0.35 bard (element)
= 0.52 bard (7.6 psid)
For new installations, select one complete part number from each section below
Note: Pall Athalon® CM filter housings are supplied without filter elements or warning devices fitted. Never operate the filter unless a filter element is fitted and all warning device ports are sealed. Note: Z indicates fluorocarbon seals are standard. Other options are available; contact Pall. Housing P/N designates indicator port fitted with a plastic shipping plug.
|Table A||Table B|
|Port & Length Options
Port & Length Options
|Bypass & Orientation OptionsTable 4|
Table 1: Housing Port Options
|Code||Port Style||Max. Operating Pressure|
|A||SAE J1926 straight thread||414 bar (6000 psi)|
|C||BSP ISO 228 threads||414 bar (6000 psi)|
|E||Flange J518C code 62||414 bar (6000 psi)|
|G||ISO 6162 split flange||400 bar (5800 psi)|
Table 2: Port Size
Table 3: Housing Length and Seal Options
|Code||Length and Seal Material|
|04Z||4” nominal length, fluorocarbon seals|
|08Z||8” nominal length, fluorocarbon seals|
|13Z||13” nominal length, fluorocarbon seals|
|20Z||20” nominal length, fluorocarbon seals|
Table 4: Bypass Valve and Service Options
|Code||Bypass Valve and Service Type|
|G||4.5 bard (65 psid) bypass valve, Cap service|
Table 5: Region
Seal Kit P/N: SH 218 SKZ
*Other seal material options are available; Contact Pall
Note: Z indicates fluorocarbon seals are standard. Other options are available; contact Pall.
Table 6: Filter Element Options
|Code||ßx(c) ≥2000 based on ISO 16889||CST Rating*|
Allows for compliant hardware to connect to the Crixus cloud platform. At minimum, one gateway is required. Up to 50 Athalon CM housings and fluid interfaces can be connected to up to a single gateway. Power supply not provided.
Connects fluid property sensors to the Crixus cloud platform, enabling system fluid condition to be monitored remotely in real-time. The fluid interface includes the fluid property sensor and required sensor cables. Power supply not provided.
Table 7: Water Sensor Options
|1||Excludes water sensor|
|2||Includes water sensor|
Table 8: Length Code Specifications
|Maximum Overall Length mm (in)
C or G Ports
|Maximum Overall Length mm (in)
A or E Ports
Clearance mm (in)
|04||333.5 (13.13)||332.8 (13.10)||147 (5.79)||11.2 (24.7)|
|08||435.1 (17.13)||434.4 (17.10)||248 (9.76)||13.0 (28.7)|
|13||569.7 (22.43)||569.0 (22.40)||383 (15.08)||15.6 (34.4)|
|20||739.9 (29.13)||739.2 (29.10)||553 (21.77)||18.7 (41.2)|