AcroPrep 24 Filtration System Manifold
Spare Parts and Accessories
Spare Parts and Accessories (Aluminum Manifold)
Eliminates the Time-consuming, One-at-a-time Syringe Filter Process by Simultaneously Filtering Up to 24 Samples in Seconds
- Reduces labor time by 20 minutes per carousel over the conventional syringe filter technique.
- No need to use cumbersome, individually wrapped, disposable syringes. Use disposable pipette tips which are less costly, easier to use, and require less bench space.
- Designed for use with Waters Alliance* HPLC systems.
- Pall's HPLC certification ensures that analytical results will not be compromised by extractable filter material.
- No cross-contamination. Each 1.9 mL well is individually sealed, ensuring your sample will accurately dispense into the Waters Alliance sample carousel* with no crosscontamination or splashing.
- Materials of construction are identical to Pall's Acrodisc® syringe filters; if you are currently using Acrodisc syringe filters, this will reduce the requirements for validation of the AcroPrep 24 filter plates.
- Can be used with any conventional 12 x 32 mm vials; simply transfer your filtered samples from the Waters Alliance sample carousel to any HPLC sample carousel that houses 12 x 32 mm vials and save both time and labor.
- Can be used to process fewer than 24 samples. Simply label used wells or isolate unused wells with parafilm for application at a later time.
*The Water's Alliance 2690 Sample Carousel kit (PN WAT270328) can be ordered directly from your local Waters sales office or contact Waters Corporation at 800-252-4752 (in the U.S.) or 508-478-2000.“Pall Laboratory products are designed for laboratory applications only. This product is not approved for use in medical, clinical, surgical or other patient applications. If you require further assistance in product selection for your chosen application, please contact Labcustomersupport@pall.com or call 1-800-521-1520."
- Ideal for use with HPLC sample preparation
Materials of Construction
- Filter Media: GH Polypro (GHP, hydrophilic polypropylene), nylon, PTFE, and PVDF membranes
- Housing: Polypropylene
- 0.2 and 0.45 μm
Effective Filtration Area/Well
- 0.94 cm2
Filter Plate Diameter
- 15.24 cm (6.0 in.) plate containing 24 wells
- Minispike outlet
Maximum Well Volume
- 1.9 mL
Recommended Sample Volume
- 1.7 mL
Typical Hold-Up Volume/Well
- < 50 μL
Operating Temperature Range
- 18 - 27 °C (64 - 80 °F); ambient
- 56.0 cm Hg (22 in. Hg)
- For detailed information about chemical compatibility by membrane type, see the Chemical Compatibility Chart
The AcroPrep 24 Filtration System Saves Time and Materials
|Syringe Filter Technique||AcroPrep 24 Filtration System|
|24 disposable syringes||24 disposable pipette tips|
|+ 24 syringe filters||+1 AcroPrep 24 filter plate|
|25 minutes||5 minutes|
Integrity Test Kit
- Verifies device integrity using oneminute water breakthrough or bubble point tests
- Non-destructive test performed either in situ or in the lab
- For use with Acro 50 vent devices
Instructions for UseThe AcroPrep 24 Filtration System operates by vacuum. Conventional lab pumps such as Pall Life Sciences’s 230 V (PN 13158)Vacuum/Pressure pumps are ideal for use. For maximum convenience, we recommend the use of snap-cap vials to eliminate the need to remove vials for screw capping after filtration.
- Attach vacuum hose to the barbed connection on the base.
- Place your Alliance sample carousel with empty 2 mL vials into the manifold.
- Place the filter plate onto the manifold. The filter plate has a numerically sequenced label that matches the carousel’s sample numbers.
- Pipette 1.7 mL (1,700 μL) of sample into each of the filter wells.
- Apply vacuum.
- Allow vacuum to run until all wells are evacuated.
- Shut off vacuum source. Dispose of filter plate.
- Cap sample vials and place the sample carousel into the Waters Alliance HPLC system or simply transfer the vials to any HPLC sample carousel that houses 12 x 32 mm vials.
Vacuum General Information
- Do not exceed a vacuum level of 56.0 cm (22 in.) Hg.
- Allow vacuum to run until all filter wells are evacuated. Continue running vacuum for 10 to 20 seconds to eliminate potential dripping of samples from tips when plate is removed.