Free ground shippingon Laboratory products for registered Credit Card users.
FluoroTrans PVDF Transfer Membrane
FluoroTrans W PVDF Transfer Membrane
Sensitive Protein Detection with Low Background and Very Low Burnthrough
- Naturally hydrophobic polyvinylidene fluoride is ideal for a wide variety of protein-analysis applications. The family of FluoroTrans media are white, microporous solid phase supports that bind proteins tenaciously via hydrophobic interactions.
- High sensitivity for small peptides.
- High protein binding capacity. Typically absorbs 50% more protein than nylon or nitrocellulose.
- FluoroTrans PVDF membrane is optimized for N-terminal protein sequencing. The medium demonstrates good signal-to-noise ratios with standard detection systems, and immobilized proteins can be used directly for sequencing, or visually detected with common staining reagents including Amido Black, Ponceau S, and colloidal gold.
- FluoroTrans W membrane is optimized for Western transfer applications. This membrane allows for sensitive protein detection with low background and very low protein burnthrough. Immobilized proteins can be visually detected with Coomassie♦ blue, Amido Black, Ponceau S, and colloidal gold.
- FluoroTrans PVDF (hydrophobic polyvinylidene fluoride)
- 0.2 μm
- 127 μm (5.0 mils)
FluoroTrans W Membrane
- Southern transfers
FluoroTrans PVDF Membrane
- N-terminal protein sequencing
- Fluorescent western transfers
- FluoroTrans media have high tensile strength and will not tear, crack, or curl during handling. This allows for easy removal of target bands for protein sequencing applications.
FluoroTrans Membrane Has Excellent Sensitivity, Signal,
and Background in Western Transfers
Rabbit reticulocyte lysate (Amersham) was loaded in lanes of polyacrylamide gels at f.s., 1/3 and 1/10 dilutions. After electrophoresis, proteins were transferred to membranes. Membranes were stained with 0.1% Amido Black, 45% methanol, and 2% acetic acid for 4 minutes; then destained for 5 minutes with two changes of 90% methanol and 2% acetic acid. Stained membranes were rinsed in water and air dried.
Ideal for a wide variety of protein-analysis applications, these membranes with 0.2µm pore sizes feature naturally hydrophobic polyvinylidene fluoride filter media.