LV Centramate™ Cassette Holder
Omega™ Membrane LV Centramate™ Cassettes
Supor® Membrane LV Centramate™ Cassettes
Designed for Maximum Product Recovery for
Lab-Scale or Scale-Up Process Volumes up to 4 L
- Scale-up/scale-down device for development of tangential flow filtration (TFF) processes, biopharmaceutical small batch production, scale-down investigations, and production of materials for safety and efficacy studies (Phase I clinicals).
- Identical path lengths provide linear scale-up to Pall Centramate and Centrasette™ cassette holders. The LV Centramate holder may be attached to other laboratory TFF systems to improve their scalability characteristics.
- Low hold-up volume allows high concentration factors to be achieved from small starting volumes. A complete TFF system scalable to full production plant can be optimized using the volumes typically generated in the development or discovery lab.
- Easy connections through luer lock fitted ports with polished 316L stainless steel to ensure the same compatibility characteristics as production-scale Centrasette holders.
- All product-wetted parts comply with pharmaceutical standards.
- Concentration of biomolecules
- Recovery and purification of biomolecules from cell culture supernatants and lysates
- Diafiltration, desalting, and buffer exchange of biomolecules
- Fractionation of mixed molecule solutions
Materials of Construction
- Membrane Cassette Filter Media: Supor® [hydrophilic polyethersulfone (PES)], and Omega™ (low protein-binding, modified PES) membranes
- Cassette Hardware
- Cassette Holder Top and Bottom Plates: Type 316L stainless steel
- Tie Rods and Washers: Type 304 stainless steel
- Nuts: Bronze
- Length: 22.8 cm (9 in.) Width: 8.3 cm (3.3 in.)
Typical Starting Volume
- 0.02 m2 (0.2 ft2) cassette: 60 - 4,000 mL
Typical Hold-Up Volume
- < 1 mL
Maximum Operating Temperature
- 121 °C (250 °F)
Maximum Operating Pressure
- 5 bar (500 kPa, 75 psi)
Typical Cross Flow Rate Per 0.02 m2 (0.2 ft2) Cassette (L/min)
- Suspended Screen 0.2 - 0.4
- Screen 0.12 - 0.16
Screen Selection Guideline
- Suspended screen for light-tomoderate particle load solutions
- Screen for optimized processing of particle-free protein solutions to high concentrations