GN-6 Metricel Membrane, 0.45 µm (S-Packs)
Certified 0.45 µm membrane for microbiological analysis meets or surpasses regulatory specifications
- Mixed cellulose esters is the most accepted filter media for microbiological analysis, and provides maximum recovery of organisms.
- Unique dot grid pattern gridline provides guidance for quantification of bacterial colonies without growth inhibition or enhancement.
- Suitable for microbiological analysis using the Membrane Filter (MF) Technique. Each box contains a signed certification for your permanent records.
- Variety of packaging options meets any need. Available in individually packaged S-Packs, autoclave packs, or non-sterile packs.
- Use with Pall nutrient media for high growth levels and easy identification of contaminants.
- Certified for the microbiological analysis of potable, waste, process, and natural waters in accordance with the MF Technique referenced in Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater, 20th edition, and the U.S. EPA's Microbiological Methods for Monitoring the Environment, 600/8-78-017.
- Ideal for isolation and enumeration of Total and Fecal Coliforms, E. coli, Fecal Streptococcus, fungi, and other heterotrophic organisms.
Filter MediaHydrophilic mixed cellulose esters
Pore Size0.45 µm
Typical Thickness152 µm (6 mils)
Typical Filter Weight4 mg/cm2
Typical Water Flow Rate> 65 mL/min/cm2at 0.7 bar (70 kPa, 10 psi)
Maximum Operating Temperature – Water74 °C (165 °F)
Typical Moisture Pick-up< 1% after 24 hr at 48% relative humidity at 23 °C (73 °F)
Extractables - Boiling Water< 2%
Minimum Bubble Point - Water1.8 bar (180 kPa, 26 psi)
Recovery(measured vs. control) > 90% E. coli
Provided gamma irradiated or non-sterile
Autoclavable if desired at 121 - 123 °C (250 - 253 °F) at 1.0 bar (100 kPa, 15 psi) for 15 - 20 min
New Improved packaging!
- Less Waste—smaller pack and box
- Easy Open—corner cutouts
- Easy Removal—parchment separates from membrane