Free ground shippingon Laboratory products for registered Credit Card users.
MFNL 300ML .45UM MET BLK GR 20/PK GAMMA
Filter Funnel Manifold for MicroFunnel Filter Funnels
MicroFunnel Filter Funnels, 300 mL
MicroFunnel™ Filter Funnels, 100 mL
Sentino® Microbiology Pump
Spare Parts and Accessories
Increase Laboratory Efficiency with
Increase Laboratory Efficiency with
Ready-To-Use Disposable Filter Funnels
- Certified. Each lot is certified for microbiological analysis to provide added assurance of reliable results.
- Easy to use. Unique squeeze separation of cylinder from base allows easy access to membrane.
- Individually bagged, disposable filter units prevent cross-contamination of samples.
- Available in 300 mL capacity to process larger samples.
- Allows easy and accurate sample measurement. The 100 mL funnels are marked in 10 mL increments. The 100 mL increment is marked completely around the funnel for higher visibility. The 300 mL funnel is marked in 50 mL increments.
- Saves time. Disposable design eliminates the cleaning and sterilization required with reusable funnels.
- Ready to use. Pre-assembled and gamma-irradiated to eliminate the potential for toxic extractables associated with EtO sterilization.
- Variety of options. Choose from GN-6 Metricel® membrane in 0.45 μm pore size, Supor® membrane with 0.2 or 0.45 μm pore size, or Metricel Black membrane with 0.45 or 0.8 μm pore size.
- Easily remove the membrane for culturing on agar or broth medium
Products in this data sheet may be covered by one or more patents including EP 1,012,327; US 6,358,730.
NEW Packaging* see Specifications for more information“Pall Laboratory products are designed for laboratory applications only. This product is not approved for use in medical, clinical, surgical or other patient applications. If you require further assistance in product selection for your chosen application, please email us a question or call 1-800-521-1520."
- Test any aqueous solution for microbial contamination using the principles of the Membrane Filter (MF) Technique.
- Ideal for quality control analysis of aqueous fluids used in pharmaceutical production. Individually labeled for lot traceability.
- Convenient for last-minute samples at the end of the day or work week. Maintain a supply of MicroFunnel filter funnels in case the autoclave breaks down and reusable hardware cannot be sterilized.
- The 300 mL funnel is ideal for processing larger samples without the "pour and wait" of smaller funnels. Processing larger samples can improve sensitivity and confidence in the results.
- Test for a variety of bacterial contaminants, such as Total Coliforms or Pseudomonas species, by choosing between the 0.45 and 0.2 μm pore sizes.
- MicroFunnel filter funnel with Metricel Black membrane provides a better contrast for counting yeast and other light-colored colonies.
Materials of Construction
- Filter Media: Supor (hydrophilic polyethersulfone), GN-6 Metricel (mixed cellulose esters), and Metricel Black (modified polyethersulfone) membranes
- Cylinder, Base, Lid, Petri Dish Base: Polypropylene
- Cover: Polystyrene
- Plug: Polyethylene
- Funnel Adapter: Polyethylene
- Support Pad: Cellulose
Effective Filtration Area
- 13.46 cm2
- 100 mL Funnels
- 8.1 cm (3.2 in.) with Petri dish lid
- 7.6 cm (3.0 in.) with cover
- 6.4 cm (2.5 in.) with Petri dish lid
- 6.1 cm (2.4 in.) with cover
- 300 mL
- Funnel Height: 9.1 cm (3.6 in.) with cover
- Diameter: 8.8 cm (3.5 in.) with cover
- 63.5 cm Hg (25 in. Hg) (vacuum use only)
- Validated dose 15 - 30 kGy
New Improved Packaging!
- No mistakes—clearly labeled
- Easy to peal—hermetically sealed
- Secure during shipment—thermoform pack
Contact LabCustomerSupport@pall.com for change notice
Procedures for MicroFunnel™ LP Filter Funnel (with Petri Dish Lid Kit)
- Dispense the contents of an ampoule of culture medium onto the absorbent pad in the Petri dish lid kit, supplied only with MicroFunnel LP, PN 4810.
- With Petri dish lid kit removed, perform filtration then access membrane by gently squeezing near the top of the funnel cylinder.
- Remove the membrane filter from the base with forceps.
- Place the membrane filter onto the broth-soaked absorbent pad in the Petri dish lid kit.
- Cover, invert, and incubate.
Pharmaceutical Bioburden & Microbial Limits Testing