“Pall Laboratory products are designed for laboratory applications only. This product is not approved for use in medical, clinical, surgical or other patient applications. If you require further assistance in product selection for your chosen application, please contact Labcustomersupport@pall.com or call 1-800-521-1520."
- Test any aqueous solution for microbial contamination using the principles of the Membrane Filter (MF) Technique.
- Ideal for quality control analysis of aqueous fluids used in pharmaceutical production. Individually labeled for lot traceability.
- Convenient for last-minute samples at the end of the day or work week. Maintain a supply of MicroFunnel filter funnels in case the autoclave breaks down and reusable hardware cannot be sterilized.
- The 300 mL funnel is ideal for processing larger samples without the "pour and wait" of smaller funnels. Processing larger samples can improve sensitivity and confidence in the results.
- Test for a variety of bacterial contaminants, such as Total Coliforms or Pseudomonas species, by choosing between the 0.45 and 0.2 μm pore sizes.
- MicroFunnel filter funnel with Metricel Black membrane provides a better contrast for counting yeast and other light-colored colonies.
Procedures for MicroFunnel™ LP Filter Funnel (with Petri Dish Lid Kit)
- Dispense the contents of an ampoule of culture medium onto the absorbent pad in the Petri dish lid kit, supplied only with MicroFunnel LP, PN 4810.
- With Petri dish lid kit removed, perform filtration then access membrane by gently squeezing near the top of the funnel cylinder.
- Remove the membrane filter from the base with forceps.
- Place the membrane filter onto the broth-soaked absorbent pad in the Petri dish lid kit.
- Cover, invert, and incubate.