Mustang E Membrane in Acrodisc Capsules
Disposable Chromatography Units with High Binding Capacities and Fast Flow Rates
- Fast flow rates. Recommended flow rates of 1 to 4 mL/minute do not affect recovery rates.
- Mustang Q membrane is a strong anion exchanger that effectively binds plasmid DNA, negatively-charged proteins, and viral particles.
- Mustang S membrane is a strong cation exchanger that effectively binds positively-charged proteins and viral particles.
- Disposable 25 mm units are designed for single laboratory use only.
- Direct scale up to capsules with Mustang Q and S membranes for larger-volume applications.
Mustang Q Membrane
- Provides contaminant removal such as DNA viral particle, host cell proteins, or endotoxin
- Ideal for isolation via capture and release of plasmid DNA, virus, or target protein from a complex mixture
- Offers protein polishing for negativelycharged proteins
- Purifies virus and oligonucleotides
Mustang S Membrane
- Purifies and concentrates positively-charged proteins and viral particles
- Ideal for evaluation, process development, and validation
Materials of Construction
- Filter Media: Mustang Q and Mustang S membranes
- Housing: Polypropylene
- 0.8 μm
Membrane Bed Volume
- 0.18 mL
- Female luer lock inlet, male slip luer outlet
Maximum Operating Pressure
- 5.5 bar (550 kPa, 80 psi) at ambient temperature 21 - 24 ºC (70 - 75 ºF)
- Passes United States Pharmacopeia (USP) Biological Reactivity Test, In Vivo <88>. Mustang Q membrane testing performed at 72 ºC (161 ºF) and Mustang S membrane at 50 ºC (122 ºF) after preconditioning.
Typical Operating Temperature
- 21 - 24 ºC (70 - 75 ºF)
Recommended Flow Rate
- 1 - 4 mL/min; flow rate will vary with type of solutions, concentration of proteins, and other components.
Typical Mean Dynamic Binding Capacity1
- Mustang Q Membrane
- DNA: 3.6 mg/Acrodisc unit or 30 mg/mL membrane volume (mv)
- BSA: 10 mg/Acrodisc unit or 70 mg/mL membrane volume (mv)
- Mustang S Membrane
- Lysozyme: 8 mg per Acrodisc unit or 47 mg/mL membrane volume (mv)
- Human IgG: 11 mg per Acrodisc unit or 60 mg/mL membrane volume (mv)