HyperCel STAR AX PRC Prepacked Columns
PRC Pre-Packed Chromatography Columns with Ion Exchange Sorbents
PRC Pre-Packed Chromatography Columns with Mixed-Mode Sorbents
For Ion Exchange and Mixed-Mode Chromatography Laboratory Applications
- Convenient – Ready-to-use 1 and 5 mL pre-packed columns.
- Easy to use – Direct connection to commonly-used laboratory chromatography systems, such as ÄKTA♦ systems.
- Consistent – Screen Pall ion exchange and mixed-mode chromatography sorbents under reliable and reproducible conditions, and guarantee performance run after run.
- Versatile – Two or more columns can be connected in series to increase the column height and more closely model real pilot scale conditions or scale-down applications.
Ion Exchange Chromatography
HyperCel STAR AX sorbent is an industry-scalable anion exchange chromatography sorbent designed for high productivity protein capture at moderate to physiological or higher salt conductivity (2 to 15 mS/cm), typical of undiluted biological feedstocks (i.e., mammalian cell culture supernatants, E. coli feedstock, plasma, others…).
- High dynamic binding capacity (DBC) at short residence time (2 minutes or lower)
- Direct capture of protein from undiluted feedstock at moderate or high conductivity
- Excellent flow rate properties for fast feedstock processing
- Distinctive selectivity, consistent in a broad conductivity range (2-15 mS/cm)
- Enhanced process economics
- Good dynamic binding capacity independent of flow rate.
- Direct capture with high binding capacity for IgG at conductivities of 10-15 mS/cm on CM Ceramic HyperD sorbent.
- Native and recombinant proteins
- Monoclonal and polyclonal antibodies
- Plasma derivatives
Mixed-Mode ChromatographyMEP, HEA, and PPA HyperCel sorbents exploit unique selectivities of robust synthetic ligands to capture proteins or separate them from contaminants. They provide a unique separation mechanism different from conventional methods. All ligands operate predominantly by hydrophobic interaction. This "HIC-like" interaction typically takes place without the addition of lyotropic salt.
- MEP HyperCel sorbent
- Antibody capture
- Alternative to conventional hydrophobic interaction
- MEP, HEA, and PPA HyperCel sorbents
- No salt/low salt alternative to hydrophobic interaction
Materials of ConstructionBody and End Caps: Molded polypropylene
17 μm Frit: PP/PE (polypropylene/polyethylene)
Outer Dimensions1 mL: 10 x 100 mm
5 mL: 11.5 x 140 mm
ConnectionsBuilt-in 10-32 fittings
For HPLC/MPLC/ÄKTA systems, direct connection with 1/16 in. tubing and 10-32 fittings. For connecting to systems with M6 or 1/4-28 fittings, consult the appropriate system manual for necessary fittings and adapters.
Maximum Operating Pressure1 mL: 20 barg (290 psig)
5 mL: 30 barg (435 psig)
Volume1 mL: 5 mm ID x 50 mm
5 mL: 8 mm ID x 100 mm
Storage SolutionHyperCel STAR AX Sorbent: 30% isopropanol/100 mM sodium phosphate, pH 4.3
Ceramic HyperD F Sorbent: 20% ethanol/150 mM NaCl
Working PressureHyperCel STAR AX Sorbent: < 0.5 barg (7 psig)
Ceramic HyperD F Sorbent: < 1.5 barg (22 psig)
Pressure at 600 cm/h equivalent to 2 mL/min in 0.1 M NaCl.
|Ion Exchange||Chemistry||Average Particle Size (μm)||Ionizable Groups (μEq/mL)||Dynamic Capacity (mg/mL)1|
|Q Ceramic HyperD F||Quaternary |
|50||≥ 250||≥ 852|
|CM Ceramic HyperD F||Carboxymethyl||50||≥ 250||≥ 603|
|HyperCel STAR AX||–||80 µm||–||>1006|
|Mixed-Mode||Ligand||Average Particle Size (μm)||Ligand Density (μmole/mL)||Dynamic Capacity (mg/mL)1|
|MEP HyperCel||4-mercaptoethyl- pyridine (pKa = 4.8)||90||80-125||≥ 204|
|HEA HyperCel||Hexylamine (aliphatic) (pKa = 8.0)||90||58-84||≥ 405|
|PPA HyperCel||Phenylpropyla mine (aromatic) (pKa = 8.0)||90||58-80||≥ 405|
1 Determined at 10% breakthrough using:
2 5 mg/mL BSA in 50 mM Tris-HCl buffer, pH 8.6, flow rate 200 cm/h.
3 5 mg/mL human IgG in 50 mM sodium acetate buffer, 100 mM NaCl, pH 4.7, flow rate 200 cm/h.
4 5 mg/mL human IgG in PBS, flow rate 60 cm/h.
5 5 mg/mL BSA in PBS, flow rate 100 cm/h.
6 5 mg/mL BSA in 25 mM Tris-HCl, 0.14 M NaCl at 2 min residence time.
Figure 1Separation of Cytochrome C, BSA, and Human Transferrin on a PRC Q Ceramic HyperD F Pre-Packed Column
Column: Q Ceramic HyperD F PRC pre-packed column (5 mm ID x 50 mm). Volume: 1 mL linear flow rate: 150 cm/h. Equilibration and wash: 50 mM Tris-HCl, pH 8.6. Load: 100 μL (5 mg/mL cytochrome C, 20 mg/mL BSA, and 20 mg/mL human transferrin in equilibration buffer). Elution: 50 mM
Figure 2Separation of Lysozyme, α-Chymotrypsinogen, Ovalbumin, and BSA on a PRC PPA HyperCel Pre-Packed Column
Column: PPA HyperCel PRC pre-packed column (5 mm ID x 50 mm). Volume: 1 mL linear flow rate: 75 cm/h. Equilibration and wash: PBS, pH 7.4. Load: 500 μL (lysozyme, α-chymotrypsinogen, ovalbumin, and BSA, all at 2 mg/mL in equilibration buffer). Elution: by pH step gradient in phosphate/citrate buffer, pH 7.0, 5.4, and 2.6.
- AcroSep™ Chromatography Columns – Pre-packed 1 mL chromatography columns for accelerated protein purification and analysis.
- Acrodisc® Units with Mustang® Membrane – Disposable chromatography units with high binding capacities and fast flow rates.