Ceramic HyperD™ F Ion Exchange Chromatography Sorbents
Sorbent - Ceramic HyperD F (CM)
Sorbent - Ceramic HyperD F (DEAE)
Preparative Sorbents for the Purification
of Biomolecules by Charge
- High binding capacity. “Gel-in-a-shell” design delivers outstanding dynamic capacity and exceptional dimensional stability for unsurpassed productivity.
- High flow rates. Proteins diffuse rapidly within the hydrogel, facilitating rapid uptake of product. This mechanism of mass transfer (known as “enhanced diffusion”) allows the sorbents to operate free of constraints.
- Abundant ion exchange sites in the hydrogel are highly accessible to protein molecules.
- Does not shrink or swell in response to changes in pH, ionic strength, or flow rate.
- Rigid, non-compressible sorbents are easy to pack.
- Easy cleaning with sodium hydroxide.
- Scalable from research and development to manufacturing.
- Direct capture of biomolecules from a variety of feedstocks
- Purification of polypeptides, IgG, and albumin
- Large-scale purifications
- Purification of monoclonal antibodies from ascites or cell culture
- Plasmid purification
- Process polishing steps
|Type of Ceramic HyperD F Resin||Q||DEAE||CM|
|Particle Size (µm)||~50||~50||~50|
|Dynamic Binding Capacity (mg/mL) |
10% Breakthrough at 200 cm/h
|BSA 851||BSA 851||IgG 602|
|Amount of Ionic Groups (µeq/mL)||250||200||250 - 400|
|Working pH||2 - 12||2 - 12||2 - 12|
|Cleaning pH||1 - 14||1 - 14||1 - 14|
|Volume Changes Due to |
pH and Ionic Strength
|Pressure Resistance||20 grade: 200 bar (20,000 kPa, 2,901 psi)||F grade: > 70 bar (7,000 kPa, 1,015 psi)|
|Storage Temperature|| |
2 - 30 °C (36 - 56 °F)
1Sample: 5 mg/mL BSA in 50 mM Tris-HCl buffer, pH 8.6
2Sample: 5 mg/mL Human IgG in 50 mM sodium acetate, 100 mM NaCl, pH 4.7
Dynamic Binding Capacity of Ceramic HyperD F Ion Exchange Resin Packed in 1 mL Chromatography Glass Columns at a Range of Flow Rates (Linear Velocities)
|Dynamic Binding Capacity (mg/mL)1|
|Media||1 mL/min (258 cm/h)||5 mL/min (1290 cm/h)||10 mL/min|
|HyperD F DEAE||101.5||87.5||77.5|
|HyperD F CM||108.0||87.5||73.5|