Minimate™ Streamlines Laboratory-Scale Concentration,
Desalting, and Buffer Exchange Processes
- Plug-n-play design. Plug in a Minimate TFF capsule, add sample, and turn on the pump to start processing. The Minimate TFF system includes all the hardware, tubing, and fittings needed to get your TFF process up and running quickly.
- High concentration factors. The low system working volume achieved through the use of a conical bottom reservoir and compact design enables high concentration factors from up to 1 L or more of sample to be achieved. Concentrate your sample down to as little as 5 mL.
- All wetted components are made from low protein binding, chemically resistant, biologically safe materials.
- Minimal sample carryover. The system has a very low volume and interior fluid contact area. Fluid does not pass through and is not retained in the pump mechanism.
- Roller head peristaltic pumps provide gentle processing and are the choice for critical applications such as fragile biomolecules.
- System components are designed for easy assembly and disassembly; no tools required. Tubing and fitting replacement is simple and quick. Slip nuts for luer locks eliminate tubing kinks.
- Concentrate and desalt proteins, peptides, or nucleic acids (DNA, RNA, oligonucleotides)
- Recover antibodies or recombinant proteins from clarified cell culture media
- Process metal sensitive enzymes and molecules
- Separate (fractionate) large from small biomolecules
- Concentrate viruses or gene therapy vectors
- Prepare samples prior to column chromatography
- Concentrate samples after gel filtration
- Depyrogenate water, buffers, and media solutions
Materials of Construction
- Reservoir: Polysulfone
- Reservoir Cover: Polypropylene
- Reservoir O-Ring: Buna♦-N rubber (nitrile)
- Magnetic Stir Bar: PTFE coated
- Gauge Wetted Parts: Type 316L stainless steel
- SS Fitting O-ring: EPDM rubber
- Gauge Mounting Block: Polypropylene
- Luer Fittings: Polypropylene and stainless steel
- Tubing: PharMed♦ #16
- Three-Way Valves: Polycarbonate body, acetal core
- Drip Tray: Urethane
|Minimate TFF System||Minimate TFF Reservoir Assembly Only1|
|Includes||Peristaltic pump, pump head pressure gauge, valves, reservoir with stir bar, built-in stir plate on a drip tray||Pressure gauge, valves, reservoir with stir bar, built-in stir plate on a drip tray|
|Dimensions||30.7 cm W x 48.2 cm D x 20.8 cm H (12.1 in. W x 19 in. D x 8.2 in. H)||30.7 cm W x 20.3 cm D x 20.8 cm H (12.1 in. W x 8.0 in. D x 8.2 in. H)|
|Weight||6.0 kg (13.2 lbs.)||1.0 kg (2.2 lbs.)|
|Maximum Inlet Pressure||4.1 bar (410 kPa, 60 psi)||4.1 bar (410 kPa, 60 psi)|
|Operating Temperature Range||0 - 50 °C (0 - 106 °F)||0 - 50 °C (0 - 106 °F)|
|Recirculation Flow Rate||10 - 240 mL/min||10 - 240 mL/min|
|Minimum System Working Volume||< 5 mL||< 5 mL|
1User will need to supply a MasterFlex♦ L/S♦ variable-speed pump with Easy-Load♦ pump head or equivalent.
♦Trademarks used are the property of Pittway Corporation:Buna, and Cole-Parmer: Easyoad, L/S, Masterflex
Shop Laboratory Products
Tangential Flow Filtration