Scalable Capsule with Seitz® High
Performance Depth Filter Media
- Low hold-up volume allows for increased product recovery and requires low post-use rinse volumes. For filtration of 1 - 3 L.
- Offers greater flexibility and assurance of application success from development to production scale. Scalable to Pall’s entire line of traditional SUPRAdisc™ modules, as well as Stax™ capsules.
- Seitz BIO 20 media is ideal for ion sensitive products, such as parenteral solutions, therapeutic proteins, dialysis solutions, and protein-based diagnostics.
- Seitz P900 media applications include course filtration in the biotechnological industries.
- Seitz HP-Series media performs exceptionally well in low viability, high solids-containing applications, and with wider distribution of particle sizes in biotech applications.
- Cell harvesting
- Clarification of fermentation broth
- Blood plasma proteins and serum
Materials of Construction
- Capsule: Polycarbonate
- Vent: Polypropylene Media
- Seitz BIO 20: Highly purified natural and modified celluloses, free from inorganic materials
- Seitz P-Series: Comprised of cellulose fibers, filter aids (diatomaceous earth and perlite), and resins
- Seitz HP-Series: Two distinct layers of Seitz P-Series depth filter sheets that feature a more permeable layer followed by a less permeable layer (PDD1, PDE2, PDH4, and PDK5)
Effective Filtration Area
- 22 cm2 (0.024 ft2)
- Maximum Height (Single Layer): 42 mm (1.65 in.)
- Maximum Height (HP Media): 52 mm (2.05 in.)
- Maximum Diameter: 64 mm (2.52 in.)
Maximum Operating Temperature and Pressure1
- 3 bar (300 kPa, 44 psi) at 40 ºC (140 ºF)
Maximum Differential Pressure1
- 1.5 bar (22 psi)
- Autoclave 1 cycle: 125 ºC (248 ºF) for 30 min.
- All plastic components used in construction meet the specifications for Biological Reactivity Tests In Vivo for Class VI Plastics (121 ºC) as described in the current United States Pharmacopoeia (USP).