For Initial Filterability and Compatibility Studies
- Used for a wide variety of applications including clarification and prefiltration, sterile filtration, and virus removal.
- Membranes contain the same materials of construction as larger capsule and cartridge filters. Simplify scale up and minimize requalification; no need to change materials during transitions to pilot or production scale.
- Five membrane types offered to assure compatibility with a wide range of fluids and applications:
- Fluorodyne® II membrane offers high flow rates and is ideal for applications where low protein binding is necessary. Not recommended with some ethers.
- Supor® membrane has high flow rates and throughputs and is ideal for solutions where low protein binding is required. Not recommended with some ketones.
- Ultipor® membrane, the industry standard for pharmaceutical filtration, provides broad solvent and chemical compatibility, and low extractables.
- Posidyne® membrane enhances bioburden and pyrogen removal from aqueous solutions.
- Preflow™ media is ideal for the prefiltration of biological fluids including cell culture media, serum based products and protein solutions.
- Filtration of small volumes
- Drug development studies
- Validation studies
- Determination of product compatibility
Materials of Construction
- Filter Media: Fluorodyne II (hydrophilic PVDF), Supor [hydrophilic polyethersulfone (PES)], Supor EKV (hydrophilic polyethersulfone), Ultipor (Nylon 6,6), and Posidyne (positivelycharged Nylon 6,6) membranes, and Preflow media (resin-bonded glass fiber)
- Support and Drainage Layers:
PN 61300, 61301, 61302, and 61309: Polypropylene
PN 61303, 61304, 61306, and 61307: Polyester
- 0.1, 0.2, 0.45, and 0.8/0.2 μm
- Filter Media: 47 mm
- Support Layer: 37 mm
- 9.6 cm2
Recommended Integrity Test Minimum Bubble Point – Water
- PN 61300, 61304, and 61303: 3.2 bar (320 kPa, 46 psi)
- PN 61302: 3.5 bar (350 kPa, 51 psi)
- PN 61309: 3.32 bar (332 kPa, 48 psi)
- Lot samples retain a minimum of 107 cfu/cm2 of B. diminuta per modified ASTM F838, current revision
1When used with Pall Life Sciences laboratory filter holder PN 2220; exact filter area will depend on the filter holder configuration.
- Acrodisc® Syringe Filters Optimized for Scale Up
- AcroPak™ 20 Filters with Supor® Membrane
- AcroPak™ 20 Filters with Supor EKV Membrane
- AcroPak™ 20 Filters and AcroPak 200 Capsule with Fluorodyne® II Membrane
- AcroPak™ 200 Capsules with Supor EKV Membrane
- AcroPak™ 200 Capsules with Supor® Membrane
- AcroPak™ 400, 800, and 1500 Capsules with Supor EKV Membrane
- AcroPak™ 500, 1000, & 1500 Capsules with Supor® Membrane
- AcroPak™ 400 and 800 Capsules with Fluorodyne® II Membrane
- Supracap™ 60 Depth Filter Capsules
- Supracap™ 100 Depth Filter Capsules
- Mini Profile® Capsules