HDC II Filter Medium
- The HDC II filter medium is comprised of high-performance pleated cartridge with polypropylene filter medium.
- Medium is produced by varying the fiber diameter continuously to provide a pore-size distribution from coarse (upstream) to fine (downstream).
- The varied fiber diameter means extraordinary contaminant-holding capacity, maximum flow rate, and low costs per litre of filtered fluid.
- The fixed pore structure means that contaminants will not unload under variations in flow or pressure differential, and fibers will not migrate or become dislodged to contaminate process fluids.
- The highest possible security against filter bypass is ensured, even under conditions of pulsed flow
- High-strength design allows multiple autoclave cycles for extended use and maximum filter economy.
- Polypropylene outer shell is designed to provide long-term assurance of pressure and temperature ratings.
- Internal hold-up volume and dead space is minimized for maximum product recovery.
- A total absence of glues, binder resins and surfactants results in very low filter extractables and extremely clean filtrate
- All filter materials of construction have met the specifications for USP Class VI biological tests for plastics at 121 °C.
- Meets USP Biological Reactivity, In Vivo, for Class VI-121 °C plastics
- Non-Pyrogenic per USP Bacterial Endotoxins (< 0.25 EU/mL)
* Per lot sample soak or rinse-up flush aliquots.
- Integrally molded inlet and outlet connections
- Maximum convenience and security
- Vent and drain connections with seal protected threads and precision molded valves
- Exceptionally simple and reliable operation
Materials of Construction
|Support, Drainage, Core, Cage, End Caps and Shell||Polypropylene|
|Vent and Drain Valve O-rings||Ethylene Propylene (EPDM)|
|Maximum Diameter Bowl
(including 11⁄2 in. Sanitary Flange Connection)
(including Stepped Hose Barb Connection)
| Nominal Length
(including Hose Barb Connection)
Nominal Filter Areas
|Effective Filter Area||KA3|
|J012, J025||0.2 m2 (2.0 ft2)|
|J045||0.22 m2 (2.3 ft2)|
|J060||0.10 m2 (1.0 ft2)|
|J100||0.13 m2 (1.4 ft2)|
|J400||0.11 m2 (1.1 ft2)|
Removal Ratings (Liquids) 1
|10 µm||4.5 µm||1.2 µm|
1 > 99.98% by modified OSU-F2 Beta test.
Connections (Inlet and Outlet)
|KA3||14 mm (9⁄16 in.) stepped hose barb|
Operating Conditions 3
|Maximum Operating Pressure and Temperature||5.2 barg (75 psig) at 40 °C|
|Maximum Differential Pressure and Temperature||4.1 bard (60 psid) at 40 °C|
3 Using compatible liquids. Maximum 3.5 barg (50 psig) in air and gas service.
|Cumulative Autoclave Time 4||50 hours at 140 °C|
4 Laboratory tests (1-hour cycles) establish multi-cycle resistance. Filters should be qualified in actual use.
WARNING: Kleenpak filters must not be steamed in situ by passing steam through under pressure.