Minimate™ TFF Capsules with Omega™ Membrane
Spare Parts and Accessories
Disposable TFF Device for Bioprocessing Applications Accelerates and Simplifies Processing of Up to 1 L
- Efficient processing. Concentration and diafiltration (desalting or buffer exchange) processes can be performed on the same system with minimal user intervention.
- Achieves high concentration factors in a single step due to the low holdup volume of the device. Process sample volumes up to 1 L or more and efficiently concentrate samples to as little as 5 mL.
- Minimate TFF capsule includes all fittings and tubing to simplify installation into filtration setups. This versatile, self-contained device works with a variety of positive pressure laboratory pumps.
- Cost-effective design for non-critical applications. The plastic construction of the Minimate TFF capsule and chemical compatibility of the Omega™ PES ultrafiltration membrane facilitate cleaning and reuse.
- Scalable. Several Minimate TFF capsules may be connected in parallel for increased membrane area. (For more information, contact Pall Technical Service.) Minimate TFF capsules have the same path length and materials of construction as larger Pall Centramate™ and Centrasette™ cassette systems used in pilot and production plants. Predictable performance saves time when scaling up a process.
- High product recovery. Optimized flow path design coupled with low protein binding Omega membrane minimize non-specific binding.
- Disposable, economically-priced device can be dedicated to a single batch or process eliminating the time required for cleaning and validation.
- Each pharmaceutical-grade Minimate capsule is 100% integrity tested during manufacture to ensure reliable performance. For critical applications, the user can re-test the integrity after initial use. A Certificate of Quality is included with each capsule.
- Concentrate and desalt proteins, peptides, or nucleic acids (DNA, RNA, oligonucleotides)
- Recover antibodies or recombinant proteins from clarified cell culture media
- Process metal sensitive enzymes and molecules
- Separate (fractionate) large from small biomolecules
- Concentrate viruses or gene therapy vectors
- Prepare samples before, after, or between steps to column chromatography
- Concentrate samples after gel filtration
- Depyrogenate water, buffers, and media solutions
Materials of Construction
- Filter Media: Omega membrane (modified polyethersulfone)
- Housing: Polypropylene, glass reinforced
- Screens, Housing, Housing Sealing Ring, Fittings: Polypropylene
- Membrane Plate/Filtrate Channels: Polyethylene
- Internal Gasket: Ethylene propylene elastomer
Effective Filtration Area
- 50 cm2 (0.05 ft2 )
- 20 cm x 3.8 cm x 1.8 cm (8 in. x 1.5 in. x 0.7 in.)
- 30-80 mL/min (0.6-1.6 L/min/ft2 )
Product Hold-up Volume (Feed/Retentate)
- Approximately 1.6 mL
Operating Temperature Range
- 5-50 °C (41-122 °F)
Maximum Operating Pressure
- 4 bar (400 kPa, 60 psi) @ 20 °C (68 °F)
Forward Flow Air Integrity Value
- < 7 mL/min @ 0.7 bar (70 kPa, 10 psi)
Pall's UpScaleSM Program
From drug discovery and basic research through process development and production, Pall Corporation is the single source for all of your filtration and separation needs. Our UpScale program provides you with the scaleable filtration products and support you need to bring new products to market faster.
Other filters with the same membranes in larger effective filtration areas include Centrmate™ and Centrasette™ cassette systems.
Shop Laboratory Products
Tangential Flow Filtration