Delivers Highly Reliable Fluid Dynamics
and Improved Process Economics
- Easy implementation into your process - The new T-Series cassettes offer significant improvements in construction and design while utilizing the same proven Omega polyethersulfone (PES) membrane to reduce revalidation requirements.
- Increased safety, reliability, and reproducibility - Superior new materials of construction are durable and stable, exhibit very low extractables, aand offer broad chemical compatibility.
- High flux, high selectivity, and low protein binding - Omega PES membrane provides superior performance and is stable against biological and physical degradation.
- Improved process performance - Cassettes are designed to deliver optimal mass transfer to improve your process economics.
- Easy scale-up for robust purification processes - Available in scalable formats with the same materials of construction from development to production-scale processes.
- Enhanced validation - T-Series cassettes surpass the latest biopharmaceutical and regulatory standards, such as biological reactivity, extractables, and TOC. Product claims are backed by extensive validation documentation to support the use of T-Series cassettes in your process.
“Pall Laboratory products are designed for laboratory applications only. This product is not approved for use in medical, clinical, surgical or other patient applications. If you require further assistance in product selection for your chosen application, please email us a question or call 1-800-521-1520."
- Vaccine and conjugate concentration and diafiltration
- Purification and recovery of monoclonal antibodies (mAb) or recombinant proteins
- Blood plasma fractionation and purification
Materials of Construction
- Membrane: Omega polyethersulfone
- Support: Polyolefin
- Screens: Polypropylene
- Encapsulent: Polyurethane with white pigment (TiO2)
- Permeate Seals: Platinum cured silicone
- Gaskets: Medical grade, platinum cured silicone
- Maximum Pressure1: 6 barg (90 psig) @ 23 °C (73 ºF)
- 4 barg (60 psig) @ 55 °C (131 ºF)
- Maximum TMP: 4 barg (60 psig) @ 55 °C (131 ºF)
- Temperature Range2: -5 – 55 °C (23 – 131 ºF)
- pH Range: 2 – 14
Typical Operating Parameters
- Cross Flow Rate for Processing: 5 – 7 L/min/m>sup>2(0.5 – 0.7 L/min/ft2)
- Cross Flow Rate for Cleaning: 8 – 10 L/min/m2 (0.8 – 1.0 L/min/ft2)
- Test Pressure: 2 barg (30 psig)
- Maximum Air Forward Flow: < 1600 sccm/m2 (< 150 sccm/ft2)
Shelf LifeThe shelf life of cassettes packaged in 0.3 N sodium hydroxide is expected to be two years from the date of manufacture when the cassettes are stored unopened in the original packaging at 4 – 25 °C (39 – 77 ºF) and protected from direct light. Extended shelf life studies are ongoing.
All materials of construction in the T-Series cassettes have been tested and meet requirements for United States Pharmacopeia (USP) Biological Reactivity Test, In Vivoat 70 °C (158 ºF).
Each T-Series membrane cassette has a unique serial number for full traceability. Each cassette is supplied with:
- Certificate of Quality
- Membrane Cassette Care and Use Procedures
- Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for cassette preservative
- Two platinum cured silicone gaskets
The full Validation Guide is available on request from your local Pall contact. Pall also offers a comprehensive Validation Service for specific tests (such as compatibility) in your process fluid. As always, Pall’s Downstream Processing Specialists are available to train and support you in the optimization of your TFF processes.
To test T-Series cassettes in your process, contact Pall today when you call 1.800.521.1520, or send an email to Labcustomersupport@pall.
1 Pressure rating will be dependant on rating of the lowest system component.
2 Cassettes must not be allowed to freeze.
Proven Omega MembranePall's Omega polyethersulfone (PES) membranes offer high flux and selectivities. They have been specifically modified to minimize protein binding to the surface and interstitial structure of the membrane. This polymeric membrane is stable against biological and physical degradation due to the unique chemical properties of PES.Omega membranes are cast on a highly porous, non-woven polyolefin support. They have an anisotropic structure, a thin skin-like top layer with a highly porous underlying support. The structure of the skin determines the porosity and permeability characteristics of the membrane and can typically be cleaned quicker and easier than membranes with a uniform, sub-micron depth structure. This membrane is compatible with acids, bases and a variety of other cleaning agents. Omega membranes are available in a wide range of nominal molecular weight cut-offs (NMWC).
Superior new materials of construction and improved cassette design increase process safety, reliability, reproducibility, and productivity:
The T-Series Advantage
- The feed and permeate screen material for T-Series cassettes is made from polypropylene, which is highly resistant to sodium hydroxide.
- Larger feed and permeate ports provide lower pressure drops.
- T-Series cassettes have been designed to provide maximum mass transfer through the membrane, resulting in faster processing times or reduced area installations compared to existing similar cassette formats.
Omega 10 kD Membrane, Centramate C vs. T-Series Membrane Cassettes at a 5 L/min/m2 Cross Flow Rate
- AcroCap™ Positive Pressure Devices
- Acrodisc® Syringe Filters with Supor® Membrane
- Acrodisc Syringe Filters Optimized for Scale-Up
- Acrodisc Syringe Filters for General Aqueous and Particulate-Laden Samples
- AcroPak™ 20 Filters with Supor Membrane
- AcroPak 200 Capsules with Supor Membrane
- AcroPak 500, 1000, and 1500 Capsules with Supor Membrane
- Stainless Steel Pressure Vessels
- Supor Membrane Disc Filters
- VacuCap® Vacuum Filtration Devices
Centramate Cassette with Omega Membrane (0.02 m2 or 0.2 ft2 EFA)
Centramate Cassette with Omega Membrane (0.1 m2 or 1.1 ft2 EFA)