Safe and Convenient Cord Blood Collection for Vaginal Births and Cesarean Sections
- Eliminate the need for extension sets or questions about sterility. Pall's Cord Blood Sterile Collection Bag is suitable for ALL cord blood collections whether within a sterile field in a cesarean section, or for cord blood collection during a vaginal birth. The Sterile Collection Bag accommodates either delivery method at a moment's notice with no additional parts or assembly required for use.
- Maximize the final cell number with the Sterile Collection Bag, designed to accommodate up to 210 mL of cord blood. An in-line sterile air vent aids in recovery of cord blood from the tubing, and the unique bag shape helps to maximize the recovery of cell-rich plasma.
- In-line DonorCare® Needleguard ensures safer cord blood collection by providing an added level of safety for collection staff against accidental needlestick injuries.
- Manufactured to cGMP using validated manufacturing processes that ensure safe, consistent, and reliable product performance. Each bag is visually inspected prior to release and is fully traceable by lot number.
- FDA NDA approved.
Cord Blood Sterile Collection Bag Features
- For the collection of umbilical cord blood from either a vaginal birth or within the sterile field of a cesarean section.
- Anticoagulant type and volume are specifically selected for cord blood collection to ensure a robust and easy-to-use process:
- Bag with 250 mL fill volume
- Set contains 35 mL of Citrate Phosphate Dextrose (CPD) anticoagulant
- Permits the collection of up to 210 mL of cord blood
- Innovative packaging and the sterilization process result in a collection bag that can be used safely within the sterile surgical field.
- Unique collection bag shape maximizes the recovery of cell-rich plasma.
- The in-line sterile air vent permits the recovery of blood without the need to strip tubing; a process that can lead to cell damage. The tethered cap on the vent ensures that there are no loose parts in the sterile field.
- Needle contains a finger-friendly contoured hub with a "bevel up" indicator to facilitate a secure needle stick into the umbilical vein.
- DonorCare Needleguard is a simple but effective method for protecting against accidental needle-stick injuries to collection staff.
- In-line spike entry port/tubing is compatible with sterile connection devices. This permits connection to other blood processing components by any preferred means. It also provides a back-up system for sterile connection device failure or lack of availability.
- Multiple-use sampling port permits sample for testing and facilitates the addition of solutions such as sedimenting agents.
Part Number: 791-08Sterile Collection Bag
Fill Volume RangeUp to 210 mL cord blood; includes 35 mL CPD anticoagulant
Port Configuration(1) 16-gauge needle for venipuncture of the umbilical cord; inline spike; in-line sterile vent; multi-use sampling port
Materials of ConstructionBag, Tubing: Polyvinyl chloride (PVC)
Bag Size20.45 cm length x 11.13 cm width (8.05 in. length x 4.38 in. width)
PackagingIndividually packaged in an overwrap pouch inside of foil; 24/box
Shelf Life3 years
Regulatory StatusFDA 510(k) & NDA cleared & Canadian medical device license # 1179
- Transfer/Freezing Bag Set: For processing and freezing 25 mL of cryopreserved, concentrated cord blood stem cells.
- Cell Wash/Infusion Bag Set: For the thaw/washing and subsequent infusion of previously frozen cord blood stem cells.
- Freezing Bag: For the long-term storage of 25 mL of cryopreserved, concentrated blood components.
|791-08||Cord Blood Sterile Exterior Collection Bag (outside Europe);||24 units/case|
To Order, Contact:
Pall MedicalTel: 877.367.7255
Pall Europe LtdPall Europe
Avenue de Tivoli 3, 1700
Phone : +41 26 350 53 00
Pall CanadaPall Canada Ltd.
3450 Ridgeway Drive, Unit 6
Mississauga, ON L5L 0A2
Access our complete list of Pall offices worldwide.