- Proprietary CoLD Melt™ fiber technology
- Continuous gradient pore structure media provides both prefiltration and final filtration
- Proprietary center core for greater mechanical strength and chemical resistance (0.5 - 10 !m)
- Resists contaminant unloading even at high differential pressures
- Computer controlled CoLD Melt manufacturing process increases product consistency
- Polypropylene media construction
- Thermally bonded structure - not employing adhesives
- Plastic and metal spring assembly end configurations are available
For detailed information about this product, please refer to the data sheet. (To download this data sheet, select Download PDF from the menu above.)
Products in this datasheet may be covered by one or more patents, including EP 830,191; US 5,591,335; US 5,653,833; US 5,681,469; US 5,690,782; US 5,730,820; US 5,733,581; US 5,741,395; US 5,783,011.
Materials of construction
- Filter media: Polypropylene
- Hardware: Polypropylene
- Gaskets/O-rings: Silicone elastomer, EPDM, nitrile, fluor ocarbon elastomer, FEP, thermoplastic elastomer (DOE only), FEP encapsulated silicone elastomer, FEP encapsulated fluorocarbon elastomer
- Outside diameter: 6.4 cm (2.5 in.)
- Lengths: 10.2 cm (4 in.), 12.7 cm (5 in.), 24.8 cm (9.75 in.), 25.1 cm (9.875 in.), 25.4 cm (10 in.), 49.5 cm (19.5 in.), 50.8 cm (20 in.), 74.3 cm (29.25 in.), 76.2 cm (30 in.), 99.1 cm (39 in.), 100.3 cm (39.5 in.), 102 cm (40 in.)
Filter grades10.5, 1, 3, 5, 7, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 40, 50, 75, 100, 120, 150, 200 µm
Maximum differential pressure
- 0.5-10 μm:
- 1.03 bard @ 82 °C (15 psid @ 180 °F)
- 1.72 bard @ 66 °C (25 psid @ 150 °F)
- 4.14 bard @ 30 °C (60 psid @ 86 °F)
- 15-120 μm:
- 1 .72 bard @ 60 °C (25 psid @ 140 °F)
- 3.45 bard @ ambient (50 psid @ ambient)
Recommended change-out differential pressure22.4 bar d (35 psid)
Food and water contact usePlease contact Pall Corporation to verify that the product conforms to your national legislation and/or regional regulatory requirements for water and food contact use.
Rinse-upRinse-up to 18 Megohm-cm with a minimum of throughput.
AutoclavingSingle-open-end Nexis T series filter cartridges can be autoclaved for 30 minutes at 121 °C (250 °F) under no end load conditions. However , filter cartridges should be allowed to cool to normal system operating temperatures prior to use.
Steam sterilizationNot recommended.
Typical Flow vs. Differential Pressure for Application Sizing3
1 >90% retention rating by ASTM F-795 test. Nexis T series filter cartridge retention ratings are based on Pall's Dynamic Efficiency test protocol. This single pass, destructive challenge test is based on ASTM F-795 test procedures for determining the performance of a filter medium. Fine test dust is used as the test contaminant for filters in the 0.5 to 20 micron range. Coarse test dust is used for micron ratings above 20 micron. Additional information can be obtained by contacting Pall Corporation.
2 Provided that the maximum differential pressure is not exceeded based on temperature limits defined above.
3 Due to the very low flow resistance of the media in the more open grades, pressure drop is primarily related to turbulent loss through the center core. Flow rate is for a 25.4 cm (10 in.) cartridge. For liquids other than water, multiply differential pressure by fluid viscosity (cP).
|Blank||DOE industrial (no end caps)|
|1X||DOE, 2.54 cm (1 in.) extended core|
|M3||SOE flat closed end, external 222 O-rings (retrofits other manufacturers’ Code 0)4|
|M3H||SOE large diameter closed end, external 222 O-rings|
|M4||SOE fin end, external 222 O-rings with locking tabs (silicone and EPDM O-rings only)|
|M5||DOE, internal 120 O-rings (retro fits 213 O-ring style)4|
|M6||SOE flat closed end, external 226 O-rings (retrofits other manufacturers’ Code 6)4|
|M7||SOE fin end, external 226 O-rings (retrofits other manufacturers’ Code 7)4|
|M8||SOE fin end, external 222 O-rings (retro fits other manufacturers’ Code 5)4|
|M10||DOE, internal O-rings (fits other manufacturers’ housings)4|
|M11||SOE flat closed end, internal 120 O-ring (retrofits other manufacturers’ X style)4|
|M18||SOE flat closed end, external 222 O-ring|
|M20||SOE with internal O-rings (same as M10), closed end with deep recess|
|DOE||DOE with elastomer gasket seals and end caps|
|H21||DOE, Santoprene gasket seal|
|XK||SOE plastic spring assembly, saw cut end|
|SI||SOE metal spring / polypropylene cap, saw cut end|
|T||Expanded PTFE (gaskets) - DOE option FEP encapsulated silicone (O-rings) - SOE option|
|F||FEP encapsulated fluor ocarbon elastomer (O-rings)|