Effective Filtration Area
The Pall Acro 50 is a disposable0.2 micron sterile vent filter and contains a Pall hydrophobic PTFE membrane, and is ideal for the sterile venting of small containers and as an in-line gas filter. The large effective filter area provides high flow rates, and filters can be autoclaved several times, ensuring low costs.
- PTFE membrane provides high flow rates and resists ‘wetting’ out by water vapor
- Light, compact unit suitable for small vessels and flexible tubing
- Can be easily integrity tested by water breakthrough test
- Each filter labeled with an individual serial number
- Validated with Brevundimonas diminuta (ATCC 19146) in liquid at a challenge level of >107/cm2 filter area
- 100% integrity tested
- Manufactured in a clean environment under controlled conditions
- Materials of construction tested for biological compatibility
- Comprehensive validation guide available
Materials of Construction
|Membrane||PTFE on a polypropylene support|
|Max operating pressure||4.1 bar at up to 25 °C (77°F)|
|Max operating temperature||40 °C (104 ºF)|
In compatible fluids which do not soften, swell or adversely affect the filter or its materials of construction.
Autoclave: 5 x 0.5-hour cycles at 125°C (257°F)
The autoclave life was determined by testing under controlled laboratory conditions up to the time indicated. Actual operating conditions may affect the filter capsule's resistance to autoclave sterilization and service. Filter capsules should be qualified for each process. These filter capsules should not be exposed to gamma irradiation.
Warning: This product must not be sterilized in-situ by passing steam through under pressure. Integrity should be verified after each autoclave cycle before use.
Inlet and Outlet: ¼ in. - ½ in. hose barb
Typical Effective Filtration Area
Typical Air Flow Rates
>8 standard liters /minute at 0.2 bard (3 psid) differential pressure