Free ground shippingon Laboratory products for registered Credit Card users.
Scalable Capsule with Seitz® High
Performance Depth Filter Media
- Low hold-up volume allows for increased product recovery and requires low post-use rinse volumes. For filtration of 1 - 3 L.
- Offers greater flexibility and assurance of application success from development to production scale. Scalable to Pall’s entire line of traditional SUPRAdisc™ modules, as well as Stax™ capsules.
- Seitz BIO 20 media is ideal for ion sensitive products, such as parenteral solutions, therapeutic proteins, dialysis solutions, and protein-based diagnostics.
- Seitz P900 media applications include course filtration in the biotechnological industries.
- Seitz HP-Series media performs exceptionally well in low viability, high solids-containing applications, and with wider distribution of particle sizes in biotech applications.
Materials of Construction
- Capsule: Polycarbonate
- Vent: Polypropylene Media
- Seitz BIO 20: Highly purified natural and modified celluloses, free from inorganic materials
- Seitz P-Series: Comprised of cellulose fibers, filter aids (diatomaceous earth and perlite), and resins
- Seitz HP-Series: Two distinct layers of Seitz P-Series depth filter sheets that feature a more permeable layer followed by a less permeable layer (PDD1, PDE2, PDH4, and PDK5)
Effective Filtration Area
- 22 cm2 (0.024 ft2)
- Maximum Height (Single Layer): 42 mm (1.65 in.)
- Maximum Height (HP Media): 52 mm (2.05 in.)
- Maximum Diameter: 64 mm (2.52 in.)
Maximum Operating Temperature and Pressure1
- 3 bar (300 kPa, 44 psi) at 40 ºC (140 ºF)
Maximum Differential Pressure1
- 1.5 bar (22 psi)
- Autoclave 1 cycle: 125 ºC (248 ºF) for 30 min.
- All plastic components used in construction meet the specifications for Biological Reactivity Tests In Vivo for Class VI Plastics (121 ºC) as described in the current United States Pharmacopoeia (USP).
1In compatible fluids that do not soften, swell, or adversely affect the filter or its materials of construction.
- Cell harvesting
- Clarification of fermentation broth
- Blood plasma proteins and serum