Sterile Syringe Filters
Syringe filter sizes can accommodate sample volumes from < 2 to 200 mL. For viscous or particulate laden solutions it is possible to improve throughput by using Pall’s syringe filters using a built-in prefilter.
- Gamma-irradiated individual blister packs ensure sterility
- Ergonomic blister packs assure sterile storage, handling, and connections
- Superior membrane performance achieves high filtration flow and throughput
- Integrated dual-layer prefilter for high dirt-holding capacity and increased throughput
- Low protein binding ensures high protein recovery
Acrodisc® Syringe Filters Optimized for Scale Up simplify scale up and reduce validation; no need to change membrane materials during transitions to pilot or full-scale production.
Product images are a representation of product family for illustration purposes only. Actual products may vary.
Pall manufactures syringe filters that are used to sterilize liquid reagents, remove particulate contamination, and clarify solutions prior to further processing. These products are optimized for biological, pharmaceutical, and sterilizing filtration requirements.
Pall’s sterile syringe filters are available with a variety of high-performance membranes to suit application requirements:
- Fluorodyne® II Membrane - For high flow rates and low protein binding. Not recommended for use with some ethers
- Nylon Membrane - Used in our DMSO-Safe Acrodisc syringe filter
- Posidyne® Membrane - Enhances bioburden and pyrogen removal from aqueous solutions
- Supor® Membrane - For high throughputs, fast filtration, and low protein binding. Not recommended for use with some ketones
- Ultipor® Membrane - Provides broad solvent and chemical compatibility, and low extractables. Industry standard for pharmaceutical filtration
- Versapor® Membrane - Economical choice for clarification
Filters are available in 13 mm, 25 mm, 32 mm and 37 mm sizes for filtering sample volumes up to 200 mL. The product line includes pore sizes ranging from 0.1 μm to 5.0 μm to ensure a comprehensive selection of syringe filters are available.
Syringe filters are sterilized by gamma irradiation, preventing the contamination risk that can result from ethylene oxide sterilization. They are individually blister packed to ensure sterility during storage and handling.
Replacing a syringe filter midway through the process may lead to contamination, spills, and workflow disruption. The Acrodisc product line includes high-performance dual-membrane and combination filter technology which gives improved throughput and higher debris clean up in a single syringe filter. These filters help provide enough capacity to filter an entire sample in one go.
Pall provide scientists the flexibility to choose from the wide range of membrane types and pore sizes they offer for all varieties of sample clean-up, cell debris removal, virus filtration, or general filtration purposes. In addition, specialized sterile syringe filters can be used for serum, DMSO, white blood cells, and mycoplasma reduction.
Pall also offer a range of scale up syringe filter devices. These products use the same membranes and materials that scale up to Pall’s GMP manufacturing-scale capsule and cartridge filters. This means scientists can research, develop, and validate their processes with lab-scale filters and then, as volumes increase or processes move to manufacturing scale, the same filters are available in larger sizes with pharmaceutical certificates, shortening redevelopment and accelerating time to market.
- Media filtration and cell culture
- Protein purification
- Sample clean-up
- Virus filtration
- Mycoplasma reduction