Small Units for Brine Purification
The Microflow XL-M Brine systems are specifically designed to meet needs and requirements of brine purification in small and medium cheese plants. Clarification is achieved without the need for filter aids or centrifuge. The small Microflow XL-M unit provides an environmentally friendly solution for longer brine life, with a reliable microbial stabilization which reduces the risk of cheese contamination from spoilage or pathogenic microorganisms during the brine salting process.
The cheese brine purification system utilizes Pall's proven high area, hollow fiber membranes with unique mechanical strength and excellent chemical resistance, which allow high productivity and repeated exposure to aggressive cleaning regimes.
The Microflow XL-M unit, designed for manual operation with minimum assistance during process cycles, provides cost-effective and efficient brine purification. When coupled with the user friendly interface and a compact footprint, the Microflow XL-M Brine system is the easy solution for reliable brine purification.
Cost Savings Benefits
With Pall's extensive experience in crossflow filtration of food and dairy streams and dedication to simplified process design and control logic, the Microflow XL-M Brine system incorporates unique features which enable dairies to perform clarification at low operating costs while providing constant and high brine filtrate quality.These include:
- PVDF membranes with high mechanical strength for longer service life
- High area, high flow modules for more compact and more economical systems
- Backpulse capability for increased system productivity
- Hollow fiber membrane with 1.4 mm open channel for optimized cleaning
- On board cleaning tank, process connections and operating elements on one side of the system for easy integration and operation
- Process cycles running automatically with low attendance from operator, initiating regeneration and cleaning cycles, for reduced labor and downtime
- Pressure and temperature monitoring, production flux rate set by operator and critical parameter values diagnosed by the PLC for enhanced reliability
- Transparent module housing to confirm filtrate quality and enhance troubleshooting capabilities
- User friendly interface for efficient operation
Microflow XL-Brine Membranes
The Microflow XL Brine modules incorporate Pall's proven symmetric hollow fiber membranes. These large diameter, high flow modules feature 21.5 m2 (231 ft2) of filtration area, at least double that of typical competitive hollow fiber modules.The module components include:
|Seals||Ethylene Propylene copolymer|
Microflow XL-M Brine System ComponentsThe Microflow XL-M Brine systems are operator controlled manual systems, incorporating one high capacity crossflow module. All product wetted components are constructed of 316L stainless steel. Piping manifold, membranes, pumps and instruments are mounted on a mobile frame, which includes the following:
- Stainless steel pre-filter screen for large particles
- On board concentration / cleaning tank
- Feed pump with 316L stainless steel cover
- Circulation pump with 316L stainless steel cover
- Filtrate reservoir
- Reverse filtration (back flush) pump
- Store programmable logic control (PLC) with operator panel
- Pressure, temperature, and concentration/ cleaning tank level controls
Microflow XL-M Brine Equipment OptionsExternal level sensor to protect against overfilling of filtrate tank and dry run is optionally available.
ComplianceThe Microflow XL-M Brine systems are manufactured in accordance with European Pressure Directives and each system is supplied with a CE mark.
The Microflow XL modules have been qualified for compliance to specific regulatory standards for products coming into contact with foodstuffs. Please contact Pall for details.
|Inlet Pressure||0.5 to 3.5 bar (7 to 50 psi)|
|Temperature||0 to 25 °C (32 to 77 °F ) and typically |
4 to 15 °C (39 to 59 °F )
|Maximum temperature for cleaning||65 °C (150 °F)|
Standard Filtration Skid Specifications
|Model Characteristics||Microflow XL1M Brine|
|Number of modules||1|
|Filtration surface area||21.5 m2 (232 ft2)|
|Length||1.76 m (5.77 ft)|
|Width||0.96 m (3.15 ft)|
|Height||1.995 m (6.55 ft)|
|Weight (empty)||430 kg (948 lb)|
|Raw brine tank||210 L (55.5 gal)|
|Filtrate brine tank||35 L (9.2 gal)|
|Connection type||DIN 11851|
|Raw brine inlet||DN 40|
|External bleed outlet||DN 40|
|Filtrate brine outlet||DN 40|
|Concentrate outlet||DN 40|