Pall Acro 37 Vent Filters
- Their hydrophobic membrane acts as a barrier to aqueous solutions and aerosols
- Protect sensitive equipment or the laboratory environment
- Help vent small volume culture vessels in in-line filtration of air and other gasses
- Comes with PTFE membrane and polypropylene housing
- Have Broad chemical compatibility for solvent filtration
Product images are a representation of product family for illustration purposes only. Actual products may vary.
Pall’s Acro 37 mm TF Vent device with PTFE membrane are used in-line to deliver air and gas to instruments and culture vessels in various research, pharmaceutical and laboratory processes. 1Scientists working in laboratories with cell factories or small bioreactors / fermenters require hydrophobic filters with a small area for air and gas filtration, and sterile air venting. Being disposable, time is saved versus disc-loaded stainless steel filter holders.
The PTFE membrane offers high levels of hydrophobicity and better system performance by reducing the absorption of moisture and enhancing airflow.
- Lightweight and self-supporting
- High heat stability
- Heat-sealed to ensure ‘no leaching’
- Ideal for small-volume venting, solvent and gas filtration
- Broad chemical compatibility
- Economical, available in bulk packaging
- Provided Non-sterile - Can be autoclaved at 121 – 123 °C (250 – 253 °F)
Advantages of Pall’s Acro 37 filter
- Self-contained and compact
- Removes particulate matter and airborne bacteria through its 37 mm vent
- Works in both dry and moist conditions
- The hydrophobic membrane prevents the passage of aerosols
- Protects equipment and staff
- Rugged polypropylene housing have broad chemical compatibility
- Disposable – Eliminates the cost and labor associated with disc-loaded stainless-steel filter holders
|Material Of Construction||
Filter Media: PTFE on a polypropylene support
|Effective Filtration Area||
|Typical Air Flow Rate||
3.6 Lpm @ 0.2 bar (3 psi)
Overall Length: 5.3 cm (2.1 in.)
Diameter: 4.5 cm (1.8 in.)
Stepped hose barbs, 6.4 – 9.5 mm (1/4 – 3/8 in.) diameter
|Maximum Operating Temperature||100 °C (212 °F)|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||
4.1 bar (410 kPa, 60 psi)
|Minimum Bubble Point (IPA, 100%)||
0.9 bar (90 kPa, 13 psi )
|Minimum Water Breakthrough Pressure||
2.1 bar (210 kPa, 30 psi)
Provided non-sterile. Autoclave at 121-123 °C
(250-253 °C) for a maximum of 20 minutes
|Recommended Integrity Test||
Minimum bubble point (100% IPA): 0.9 bar (90 kPa, 13 psi)
Minimum water breakthrough: 2.1 bar (210 kPa, 30 psi), bi-directional
- Deliver air and gas to instruments and culture vessels
- Bioisolate vacuum sources
- Filter small volumes of liquid solvents
- Venting receiving vessels and isolation of environmental chamber, bioreactors, fermentation tanks, carboys, and other small containers
- Sterile air for cell factories
- Venting of sterile collection vessels
How do vent filters keep laboratory environment safe?
Vent filters contain hydrophobic media that prevents entry of water and aerosols into sensitive equipment and protects lab environment from pathogens.
What factors should I consider while selecting the right vent filter?
The most important factors while selecting vent filters are air flow rate and micro-organism/particulate retention. The membrane in the vent filter must provide sufficient flow rate at appropriate differential pressure to accommodate the air flow required. The filter should efficiently retain particles and bacteria.