Product image is a representative example for illustration purposes. Actual product may vary.
MicroFunnel™ Filter Funnel with Petri Dish Lid Kit and GN-6 Membrane, 100 mL, 0.45 µm, White, Gridded, Sterile, Individually Bagged (50/pkg)
Product ID: 4810 Need this product with different specifications
Increase laboratory efficiency with ready-to-use, disposable filter funnels
Test aqueous solutions for microbial contamination using MicroFunnel filter funnels and the principles of the Membrane Filter Technique (MF). Convenient and ready to use, these disposable filter funnels increase the productivity and efficiency of busy laboratories that do not have time to clean and sterilize reusable hardware.
Ideal for quality control analysis of aqueous fluids used in pharmaceutical production, water and food & beverage applications. Individually bagged for added assurance of sterility. Individually labeled for lot traceability. Disposable filter funnels eliminate the possibility of sample cross contamination. All of these features increase the reliability and efficiency of analysis in pharmaceutical laboratories.
MicroFunnel filter funnels provide an easy squeeze separation of the funnel from the base, preventing membrane disruption and eliminating any twisting motions that can tear membranes or result in RSI.
LP version of the MicroFunnel includes a built-in Petri dish lid kit, complete with absorbent pad.
Dispense the contents of an ampoule of culture medium onto the absorbent pad in the Petri dish lid kit. Filter the sample, rinse, then access the membrane by gently squeezing near the top of the funnel cylinder. Using aseptic technique, carefully remove the membrane filter from the base with smooth-tipped forceps and place the membrane filter onto the broth-soaked absorbent pad in the Petri dish lid kit. Cover, invert, and incubate.
The LP MicroFunnel features Pall’s mixed cellulose ester GN Metricel membrane that has set the standard worldwide for meeting stringent microbial regulations.
- Certified: Each lot is certified for microbial analysis to provide added assurance and reliable results with self-serve certificates and other regulatory information available online.
- Single-use: Prevent cross-contamination with individually bagged, disposable units that are gamma-irradiated, and avoid the need to clean, package and sterilize.
- Easy to Use: Unique squeeze separation of cylinder from base allows easy access to membrane for simple removal for culturing on agar or broth.
- Accurate sample measurement. The 100 mL funnels are marked in 10 mL increments, including a 100 mL increment marked completely around the funnel for higher visibility.
- Confidence: With gamma irradiation, there is no potential toxic extractables sometimes present with EtO sterilization and molded-in measurements on the inside of the funnel ensure all liquid is filtered and reduces the possibility for false negatives.
- Convenient: Ideal for last-minute samples at the end of a day or work week. Maintain a supply of MicroFunnel filter funnels in case the autoclave breaks down and reusable hardware cannot be sterilized.
Pall Laboratory products are designed for laboratory applications only. This product is not approved for use in medical, clinical, surgical or other patient applications. If you require further assistance in product selection for your chosen application, please email us a question or call 1-800-521-1520.