Product image is a representative example for illustration purposes. Actual product may vary.
MicroFunnel™ Plus Filter Funnel with Supor® Membrane, 100 mL, 0.45 µm, White, Gridded, Sterile, Individually Bagged (50/pkg)
Product ID: 4823 Need this product with different specifications
MicroFunnel Plus Filter Funnels combine both filter funnel and sample cup, eliminating steps in sample collection and testing that could potentially contaminate your sample.
The product features a hydrophobic vented lid that snaps closed to form a liquid-tight seal, the vent allows for filtration without having to open the funnel and risk introducing contamination. The MicroFunnel Plus Filter Funnels attaches directly to a standard laboratory manifold or can be used with the Sentino Microbiology Pump.
MicroFunnel Plus Filter Funnels are individually bagged and labeled for contamination control and lot traceability. The filter funnels feature graduations that are clearly marked for ease in measuring sample volume.
MicroFunnel Plus units with 0.45 or 0.2 μm Supor membrane is designed for sampling hot water (such as that found in hot loop WFI systems).
Pall Laboratory products are designed for laboratory applications only. This product is not approved for use in medical, clinical, surgical or other patient applications. If you require further assistance in product selection for your chosen application, please email us a question or call 1-800-521-1520.
Materials of Construction
- Filter Media: GN-6 Metricel (mixed cellulose esters), Supor (hydrophilic polyethersulfone), and Metricel Black (modified polyethersulfone) membranes
- Support Pad: Cellulose
- Funnel and Base: Polypropylene
- Adhesive Gasket: Urethane
- Funnel Cover: Polyethylene with hydrophobic Versapor® membrane (acrylic copolymer on a non-woven support)
- Bag: Polyethylene
- Adapter: Polyethylene
- Plug: Polyethylene (PN 4807, 4808)
Effective Filtration Area
- 13.46 cm2
- 100 mL Funnel
- Height: 7.6 cm (3.0 in.) with cover
- Diameter: 6.1 cm (2.4 in.) with cover
- 300 mL Funnel
- Height: 8.9 cm (3.5 in.)
- Diameter: 8.7 cm (3.4 in.)
- 63.5 cm Hg (25 in. Hg) (vacuum use only)
Maximum Sample Collection Temperature
- PN 4807, 4808, 4829: Ambient
- PN 4809, 4814, 4823, 4843, and 4844: 90 °C (194 °F)
- Validated dose 15 - 30 kGy
New Improved Packaging!
- No mistakes—clearly labeled
- Easy to peal—hermetically sealed
- Secure during shipment—thermoform pack
Contact LabCustomerSupport@pall.com for change notice
- Improves the efficiency of monitoring your water system while reducing the introduction of contamination.
- Eliminates steps in sample collection and testing that could potentially contaminate your sample.
- Gridded 0.45 μm GN-6 Metricel® membrane is ideal for analysis of ambient water by Membrane Filter (MF) Technique.
- MicroFunnel Plus with 0.45 or 0.2 μm Supor membrane is designed for sampling hot water (such as that found in hot loop WFI systems).
MicroFunnel Plus Filter Funnel Features
Save yourself time, avoid sample contamination or mix-ups, and reduce the steps in sample collection and testing.
How to Use the MicroFunnel™ Plus Filter Funnel
Sampling Ambient Water
- Carefully remove the vented lid and collect the sample.
- Securely snap lid in place to prevent sample loss. Transport sample to laboratory for filtration.
- Remove membrane vent from base, place funnel directly onto manifold, and filter the sample.
- Gently grasp funnel then remove and discard lid.
- Release cylinder from base by squeezing the midpoint of the cylinder.
- Remove the membrane, plate the filter, and incubate.
Collecting Hot Water Samples
- Place funnel into holder with graduations visible through the viewing slot. Carefully remove the vented lid and collect the hot water sample.
- With funnel and holder resting on a firm, level surface, securely snap lid in place to prevent sample loss. Remove funnel from holder and transport sample to laboratory for filtration. (Proceed with steps 3-6 for ambient water.)