Free ground shippingon Laboratory products for registered Credit Card users.
Stocked: 55 available. Need more information? Check additional availability.
Stocked: 34 available. Need more information? Check additional availability.
Stocked: 15 available. Need more information? Check additional availability.
Stocked: 29 available. Need more information? Check additional availability.
Simplifies Clean-Up and Degassing of
Simplifies Clean-Up and Degassing of
Mobile Phase Solvents and Other Solutions
- Versatile design fits most HPLC bottles, flasks, and containers, and eliminates the added steps of washing flasks and transferring mobile phase solvent from flask to reservoir.
- Draws directly from HPLC solvent bottle. Less likely to spill aggressive solvents than glass funnels or disposable cups.
- Durable plastic construction is less likely to break than glass funnels, assemblies, or adapters.
- Patented magnetic seal is reliable and leak proof. Eliminates the possibility of membrane shifting or tearing which can occur with aluminum clamps or threaded holders.
- Reusable, chemically resistant polypropylene construction is resistant to common HPLC mobile phase solvents such as methanol, acetonitrile, and tetrahydrofuran.
- Remove contaminating particulate from mobile phase or other solutions
- De-gas mobile phase solvents and solutions
- Eliminate pour-and-wait filtration
- Remove microbial growth every 24 hours from aqueous buffer mobile phases
Materials of Construction
- Upper Housing, Housing Base: Polypropylene
- Feedline Tubing: Ultra chemical-resistant Tygon*, 4.8 mm (3/16 in.) ID
- Thumb Clamp: Celcon*
- Feedline Sinker: PTFE
- Vacuum Port Adapter, Membrane Seal Gasket, and Seal Gasket: Polyethylene
Effective Filtration Area
- 10.2 cm2
- Accepts 47 mm filter
- Tapered inlet accepts 3.2-6.4 mm (1/8-1/4 in.) ID tubing; outlet seals to bottles with openings 17.8 mm (0.7 in.) ID to 48.3 mm (1.9 in.) OD
Vacuum Port Adapter
- 4.8-7.9 mm (3/16 - 5/16 in.) tapered hose barb
- 63.5 cm Hg (25 in. Hg)
- Ambient; not to exceed 38° C (100° F); not autoclavable
- For detailed information about chemical compatibility by membrane type, see the Chemical Compatibility Chart .
Instructions for Use
- Place base on the receiving vessel with gasket seal seated on the rim of the vessel.* Then, place the membrane on the clean, dry filter support.
- Attach inlet feedline tubing to the tapered inlet on the upper housing. Place upper housing onto housing base to securely seal the membrane.
- While holding filter housing assembly on receiving vessel, attach vacuum tubing from vacuum source to the vacuum port adapter located on the side of the housing base.
- Place vacuum feedline into solvent to be filtered. Be sure sinker is located well below the surface of the solvent, preferably on the bottom of the vessel. Place the thumb clamp just above the solvent bottle and close it.
- Apply vacuum while holding the SolVac filter housing, applying even pressure to both sides, onto the receiving vessel until full vacuum is drawn. When the required vacuum is achieved and the system is "charged", open the thumb clamp to start the filtration. Continue to filter until all of the solvent is drawn through or the receiving vessel is full.
*Always use a safety-coated receiving vessel that is < 4 L and rated for vacuum applications. Failure to do so may result in implosion of the receiving vessel and potential injury to the user.
HPLC Mobile Phase Filtration Membranes
|Membrane||Mobile Phase Application|
|TF (PTFE)||Recommended for use with all organic liquids|
|Nylaflo™ (Nylon)||Not recommended for use with acidic solutions|
|PVDF||Not recommended for use with basic solutions|
Mobile Phase Filtration