Pall’s Chemical, Biological, Radiological & Nuclear protection system (CBRN) is an effective tool in removing chemical warfare agents from contaminated air. The principal part of the unit is a regenerable pressure swing adsorption (PSA) system which offers full protection against all known and potential threats, unlike traditional carbon technology.
- Fully regenerable
- Independently verified by Edgewood (ECBC), Dstl (Porton Down), TNO and Battelle. German WIS verification in process
- Patented immobilization process
- PSA units can be back flushed at elevated temperature to clean and return the unit to its original condition.
- PSA system can be integrated with an environmental control system. For further details, see Pall’s partner on the Terrier® program, AMETEK Aircontrol Technologies
- "Fit and Forget" unit
- Excellent broad band CBRN protection (high and low boiling agents, TIC's, TIM’s)
- Reduced logistics burden, minimum maintenance
- Immediate protection with no need to leave the battleground
- Passed "live agent" testing
- No dusting of carbon or adsorbent
CBRN Protection for Following Applications
|Military Vehicles||Military Aircraft||Helicopters|
Image copyright BAE Systems.
The Pall PSA system can be installed in a variety of platforms. To determine if your application is suitable, contact your local Pall sales representative.
- 1991 - Pall PSA system installed and flown on US Army AH-1S Cobra helicopter. Tested at Battelle Memorial Institute.
- 2002 - Pall and AMETEK selected for Technical Demonstrator Program (TDP) on Bulldog APC FV430/432.
- 2004 - Pall CBRN technology installed and flown on ASTOR Sentinel R1 aircraft.
- 2010 - Pall and AMETEK selected by BAE Systems to supply Terrier® CBRN protection system.