Liquid/Liquid Coalescer Technology Available as a Rental Skid: Simplex 37 Element Coalescer Skid (Skid can be converted to a filter)
For more than 70 years Pall Corporation has been solving complex contamination problems across the refining, petrochemical and oil and gas industries. By applying our advanced filtration and separation technologies directly to the problem, we’re able to help operators reduce maintenance costs and minimize unscheduled shutdowns. Pall proprietary polymeric coalescers efficiently break stable emulsions. Common applications include water from refinery fuels, caustic from fuels, hydrocarbon from rich amine or sour water.
- Flow capacity up to 672 m3/hr (2960 USGPM) (101,000 bbl/day) depending on viscosity and fluid densities. Contact Pall to discuss your specific application.
- Fully valved and piped on skid (inlet/outlet, clean and dirty side vents and drains)
- Inlet/outlet connections on both sides of skid to allow field piping options. Optional outlet on top of vessel.
- Spare ports for vessel flushing and PSV connections
- Local differential pressure gauge
- Davited full-open closures
- Integrated, valved fluid sampling panel for influent and effluent samples
- Complies with most refinery mechanical specifications
- NACE compliant for sour service
- Lifting points at four corners of the skid
- Fork lift pockets for portability
- The frame on all skids is totally boxed in on all sides and bottom to provide spill containment
37-Around Simplex High Flow coalescer rental skid (side view)1
- Mobile skid dimensions (L x W x H): 7.08 m (279 in.) x 2.11 m (83 in.) x 2.23 m (87.7 in.) Can be shipped via standard flatbed truck.
- Skid Weight: Dry - 6,956 kg (15,335 lbs), Full of water - 9,457 kg (20,850 lbs)
- Vessel design: ASME Code, Section VIII, Div. 1 with CRN for Canada; 31 bar (450 psig) and FV @ 149°C (300 °F)
- National Board Number
- Piping design: ASME B31.3 Process Piping Code for 31.03 bar (450 psig) @ 149 °C (300 °F)
- MDMT -40 °F
- Coalescer vessel: one each, Pall horizontal liquid / liquid coalescer. Accepts 37, 9.53 cm (3.75 in.) diameter x 101.6 cm (40 in.) elements per vessel
- Inlet/outlet: 25.4 cm (10 in.), 136.08 kg (300 lbs), equipped with full port gate valves
- Upper and lower sumps with magnetic level gauges are available.
Materials of Construction
- Skid base: carbon steel (hot dip galvanized)
- Filter vessels and piping: carbon steel, primed and epoxy coated
- Inlet /outlet valves: 300 lb, OS&Y, 316 stainless steel flexible wedge, full-port gate style
- Housing closure gaskets: 304 SS inner ring and CS outer ring /Grafoil3
37-Around Simplex High Flow coalescer rental skid (closure view)1
A: Rich-amine sample at the outlet of the flash tank.
B: Rich-amine sample following 10 um (Beta 5000) filtration.
C: L/L coalescer outlet sample-clear and bright after a single pass through the PhaseSep® L/L coalescer.
1 Pictures shown are for illustrative purposes only. Actual product may vary due to product enhancement.
2 For complete details, request a design package.
3 Grafoil is a registered trademark of Graftech International
- Remove water from refinery fuels including LPG and gas oil
- Remove hydrocarbon from sour water or rich amine
- Remove caustic from refinery fuels
- Can be operated as a water washer
- Will accept the following Pall coalescer technologies: PhaseSep®, PhaseSep HE, AquaSep® Plus, AquaSep XS, AquaSep EL
- Remove water from fuels to protect catalyst beds.
- Remove water from steam stripped diesel.