For Clear, Fresh and Cold Stabilized BeerThe new Pall BB Final Beer filter cartridges have been
This filter is integrity testable. An in-situ and non-destructive integrity test can provide assurance of filter performance within minutes. Integrity tests help manufacturers avoid costly issues such as product contamination, product losses, reprocessing and production delays, as well as satisfying auditor requirements.
- Filter materials preserve the organoleptic properties of the product
- Fixed pores, non-shedding membrane, adhesive and surfactant free
- Reliable removal of specific beer spoilage microorganisms as a function of the retention rate
- Broad chemical compatibility
- Repeated sterilization capability for economical operation
- Easy to wet with cold water for integrity test purposes
Food Contact Compliance
- Food contact compliant filters are available. Please consult the Declarations of Compliance for applicable part numbers at the links below.
- BB Final Beer Filter Cartridges Declaration of Compliance
- The materials of construction meet 21 CFR 170-199
- The filters meet the requirements for food contact use, European Regulation (EC) Number 1935/2004 for slightly alcoholic beverages such as beer
Typical Titer Reduction1
|Microbial Removal Rating||Test Organism||Titer Reduction|
|0.45 μm||Lactobacillus brevis||>107|
|0.45 μm||Pediococcus damnosus||>107|
TraceabilityIn order to ensure traceability each filter cartridge is marked on the cage with the part number and batch number. In addition, every filter cartridge bears an individual number. Product name, microbial removal rating, part number and batch number are indicated on the packing label.
Technical InformationAll construction parts of the BB Final Beer filter are thermo-plastically welded, that means no adhesives are used.
Materials of Construction
|Drainage / Support Non-woven||Polypropylene|
|Filter membrane||Polyethersulfone (Hydrophilic)|
|Adaptor||Polypropylene incorporating a stainless steel ring|
|O-ring Seals||Silicone elastomer2|
|Nominal Length||Nominal Filter Area|
|254 mm (10 in.)||0.6 m2 (6.5 ft2)|
|508 mm (20 in.)||1.2 m2 (12.9 ft2)|
|762 mm (30 in.)||1.8 m2 (19.4 ft2)|
|1016 mm (40 in.)||2.4 m2 (25.8 ft2)|
Typical Flow Rate / Pressure Drop 20 °C (68 °F)
Typical flow rate per 254 mm (10 ") filter for clean water (new and unused)
Maximum allowable Differential Pressure
|Temperature||Max. allowable Differential Pressure3|
|Up to 40 °C (104 °F)||5 bard (72.5 psid)|
|Up to 80 °C (176 °F)||3 bard (43.5 psid)|
Sterilization and SanitizationThe BB Final Beer filters can be repeatedly steam-sterilized or be sanitized with hot water.
|Steam||125 °C (257 °F)||50 hours/150 cycles|
|Hot water||85 °C (185 °F)||50 hours/100 cycles|
1 The typical titer reduction is determined in laboratory liquid challenge tests on 254 mm (10 in.) new filter.
2 The seal materials employed meet FDA requirements for food contact use as detailed in 21 CFR Section 177.2600
3 In fully compatible fluids which do not chemically attack, soften or adversely affect the filter in any way.
4 Measured under laboratory test conditions. The actual cumulative time depends on the process conditions.
QualityStringent quality controls during the manufacturing process and test procedures assure the high quality standard of all Pall filters and fulfill the special requirements of the brewing industry. Manufacture is carried out according to procedures within a Quality Management System certified to ISO 9001. Each individual filter is integrity tested during manufacture.
Table 1 - Length
|1||254 mm (10 in.)|
|2||508 mm (20 in.)|
|3||762 mm (30 in.)|
|4||1016 mm (40 in.)|
Table 2 - Adaptor
|7||Bombfin with bayonet lock and double 226 O-rings|
|8||Bombfin, plug-in style with double 222 O-rings|
|28||Bombfin with bayonet lock and double 222 O-rings|