A Regenerable Solution for Wine Pre-FiltrationThe Oenoclear II cartridge is the latest development for yeast and colloid removal from wine. The new Oenoclear II filter media is constructed from a unique liquid crystal polymer specifically noted for its thermal stability, high mechanical strength and good chemical compatibility. When configured into single open ended (SOE) AB style cartridges, the resulting filter allows for repeated regeneration and sanitization in situ for long service life. The dense polymer matrix provides excellent yeast and colloid reduction making it ideal for wine tanker filling, final polish filtration in the cellar and protection of downstream membrane filters. When combined, the long service life and high removal efficiency enable low operating costs especially when compared to traditional “sterilizing grade” sheet filters.
|Liquid crystal polymer media||
|Efficient yeast and colloid reduction||
|Regenerable in situ||
|Fixed pore structure||
Food Contact Compliance
- Food contact compliant filters are available. Please consult the Declarations of Compliance for applicable part numbers at the links below.
- Please refer to the Pall website foodandbev for a Declaration of Compliance to specific National Legislation and/or Regional Regulatory requirements for food contact use.
Liquid Removal Rating1
- Liquid removal rating: 0.8 micron @ 99.98 % Efficiency (β5000)
Materials of Construction
- Filter Medium: Liquid crystal polymer on cellulose substrate
- Support and Drainage: Polyester
- Cage, Core, Fin End and End Cap: Polypropylene
- Adaptor: Polypropylene with internal stainless steel reinforcing ring
- O-ring Seal: Ethylene propylene rubber or silicone elastomer
Operating Characteristics in Compatible Fluids2
|Maximum Differential Pressure||Operating Temperature|
|5.5 bard (80 psid) (forward)||50 °C (122 °F)|
|4.1 bard (60 psid) (forward)||80 °C (176 °F)|
|500 mbard (7 psid) (reverse)||20 °C (68 °F)|
Sterilization and Sanitization
|Steam||121 °C (250 °F)||25 hours|
|Hot Water||90 °C (194 °F)||50 hours|
|Peroxyacetic acid based sanitizer (300 ppm total peroxides)||20 °C (68 °F)||50 hours|
Typical Flow Rates4
1The Oenoclear II Filter Cartridge liquid retention rating is based on modified OSU-F2 test.
2Compatible fluids are defined as those which do not swell, soften or attack any of the filter components.
3Measured under laboratory test conditions. The actual cumulative time depends on the process conditions. Pall recommends the use of Code 7 adaptors to ensure filter sealing after cooling. Cartridges should be cooled to system operating temperature prior to use. Contact Pall for recommended procedures.
4Typical initial clean media ΔP 254 mm (10") cartridge for water at 20 °C (68 °F); viscosity 1 centipoise. For 508 mm, 762 mm and 1016 mm configurations divide the differential pressure by 2, 3, and 4 respectively.
- Cartridges produced in a controlled environment
- Manufactured according to ISO 9001:2008 certified Quality Management System
This information is a guide to the part number structure and possible options. For availability of specific options and housing details, please contact Pall. Example Part Number: AB 1 ST 7 W H4 (See bold references in tables below) Part Number: AB < Length Code from Table 1 > ST < Adaptor Code from Table 2 >W < O-ring Code from Table 3 > Table 1 - Nominal Length
Table 2 - Adaptor
Table 3 - O-ring Seal Material
|1||254 mm (10 in.)|
|2||508 mm (20 in.)|
|3||762 mm (30 in.)|
|4||1016 mm (40 in.)|
|3||SOE – single open end with flat closed end and external 222 O-rings|
|7||SOE – single open end with fin end and 226 external O-rings and locking tabs|
|8||SOE – single open end with fin end and external 222 O-rings|
|28||SOE – single open end with fin end and external 222 O-rings and locking tabs|