For High Capacity Crossflow Filtration
Membralox IC ceramic elements are high surface area multichannel membranes designed for high capacity crossflow filtration of process fluids and effluents.
Membralox membranes are the key components of crossflow systems used in numerous food and beverage applications.
Membralox IC ceramic elements are asymmetric multi-channel membranes composed of a porous alumina support and filtering layers. Their innovative and highly compact design in unique 4 and 5.5 mm channel geometries provide superior filtration area per multichannel element - up to 570 m2
The increased capacity of the Membralox IC filtration modules, up to 45% more than standard module configurations, enables optimized system loop design, which results in more compact systems, with smaller footprint and reduced hardware costs. The smaller hold-up volume of the system loops also results in a significant reduction of the related water and chemical cleaning costs.
Pall Membralox IC membranes, 100% ceramic and 100% bubble point tested, feature the same exceptional performance, mechanical and chemical resistance and service life as the well-recognized Membralox product range.
HCS and SD modules are available in a smart 3-A sanitary design, which meets the requirements of 3-A Sanitary Standards #10-04, and industrial compact design enable flexible loop design, optimum cleanability and long reliable operating life.
|Unique and highly compact geometry, designed with increased surface area for higher flow rates || |
- Optimization of membrane system loops
- Cost-effective solution requiring less filtration modules and smaller system footprint
- Reduced hold-up volume and shorter return on investment
|Highly asymmetric structure with 12 μm ceramic support pore size ||High flux and module capacity |
|High homogeneity and quality of the filtration layers || |
- Optimum filtration performance and selectivity
- High recovery and process yields
|Exceptional mechanical resistance || |
- Suited to high fouling liquids, viscous products, high concentration factors
- Ability to withstand upset conditions and high frequency backpulsing cycles
- Long service life
|Wide chemical and pH compatibility (0-14) Excellent thermal stability || |
- Easily sanitizable and sterilizable
- Suited to continuous hot temperature operation and numerous cleaning-in-place (CIP) cycles
- Long service life
|Patented alumina end-sealing ||Superior resistance to corrosion and to cleaning cycles |
|100% integrity tested prior to dispatch ||Lot traceable with documented quality |