The Imperium Microbial Stabilization (MSB) Filter is designed for the final filtration of wine, cider, beer
The Imperium MSB Filter provides end users with reduced filtration costs, lower risk of product contamination and complete process flexibility.
- New geometry designed specifically for the Food & Beverage industry
- 10 m2 Effective Filtration Area (EFA) with Laid Over Long Pleat technology
- Replace up to 6 x 30" standard filter cartridges with just 1 x Imperium filter
- High throughput newly developed
- Reduced risk of false-pass integrity test results
- Less chance of filter integrity failure
- Retention to market specific microorganisms
- Compliant to key food contact legislation
- Almost 3 x quicker filter changeover
- Integrity testable for assurance of filter performance
This filter is integrity testable. An in-situ and non-destructive integrity test can provide assurance of filter performance within minutes. Integrity tests help manufacturers avoid costly issues such as product contamination, product losses, reprocessing and production delays, as well as satisfying auditor requirements.
Imperium Tri-Cam interface ensures filter change-out is simple, quick and error proof, eliminating the potential for downtime or contamination as a result of filter miss-installation. Filter change-out can be completed 2.8 x quicker when compared to a standard filter cartridge installation, requiring only 1 operator.
Laboratory challenge testing has been performed on new and unused filters to qualify* or determine typical** retention to market specific microorganisms.
The product is fully integrity testable in situ, providing assurance of product performance. Please contact Pall Food & Beverage for integrity test parameters.
Filter Sizing – OPEX Optimization
Depending on the quality of pre-filtration and fluid filterability, Pall SLS Global Technical Support will recommend optimal sizing specific to your process.
The maximum recommended flow rate per housing is:
- Wine / Cider - 68 HL /Hour (30 USG / Min), with parallel multi-size configurations available for increased flow rates up to 542 HL /Hour (239 USG / Min).
- Beer – 28 HL /Hour (12 USG / Min), with parallel multi-size configurations available for increased flow rates up to 226 HL /Hour (99 USG / Min).
- Bottled Water - 0.28 m3 / Min (75 USG / Min), with parallel multi-size configurations available for increased flow rates up to 2.26 m3 / Min (598 USG / Min).
Differential Pressure Clean Water Flow Rate
100 mbarg 230 L / min (60.8 USG / min)
Based on laboratory testing with water at 20 ºC, 1 centipoise viscosity
- Cartridges produced in a controlled environment
- Manufactured according to ISO 9001:2008 certified Quality Manufacturing System
Sanitization, Sterilization and Regeneration1
|Steam (max ΔP 300 mbarg forward or reverse)||13 hours 135 ºC|
|Hot Water||112 hours 90 ºC|
|NaOH||185 hours 3% 85 ºC|
|Peracetic Acid||2,000 hours 325 ppm ambient|
|240 hours 1% ambient|
|Potassium Metabisulfite||8 weeks 1,000 ppm ambient|
1Maximum cumulative exposure measured under laboratory test conditions. The actual cumulative time depends on the process conditions. Cartridges should be cooled to system operating temperature prior to use. Contact PALL for recommended procedures.
Materials of Construction
|Filter Membrane||Supor Polyethersulfone|
|Support and Drainage||Polypropylene (Talc/TiO2/SiO2 filled)|
|Core, Cage, End-cap, Handle||Polypropylene (Talc/TiO2/SiO2 filled)|
|Adaptor||Polypropylene (Talc/TiO2/SiO2 filled) with fully encapsulated Stainless Steel Ring (SS316L)|
Operating Characteristics in Compatible Fluids2
|Maximum Differential Pressure||Operating Temperature|
|6 bar (87 PSI) (forward)||40 ºC (104 ºF)|
|1 bar (14.5 PSI) (reverse)||40 ºC (104 ºF)|
|2.5 bar (36.3 PSI)
(forward pulses x 12,500)
2 Compatible fluids are defined as those which do not swell, soften or adversely affect any of the filter components
Food Contact Compliance
Please refer to the Pall website for a Declaration of Compliance to specific national legislation and /or regional regulatory requirements for food contact use.
Part Number: IMP C MSB D W H4
|W:||Food Contact Compliant|
*EPR O-Rings available in separate pack